2017 Council Election

The next election for the City of Parramatta Council, together with other newly merged councils, will be held on Saturday 9 September 2017.

Residential Roll

Under the Local Government Act 1993, a person is entitled to vote at the City of Parramatta Council election if they are a resident of one of the five wards in the council area:

  • Dundas
  • Epping 
  • North Rocks
  • Parramatta
  • Rosehill

To check your details or to obtain a residential enrolment form, visit the NSW Election Commission or call 1300 135 736. Residential enrolment forms are also available from any Australia Post office.

Voting in local government elections is compulsory for all residents over the age of 18. If a person is on the residential roll in a council area/ward, they cannot be on the non-residential roll for the same area. A person/corporation is not entitled to more than one vote in the council area, even if they are a multiple owner, occupier or lessee.

Roll of Non-Resident Owners

As required by the Local Government Act 1993, the Interim General Manager of the Council is responsible for preparing and certifying the non-residential rolls for this election. You may vote as a non-resident if:

  • you are not a resident of a Council ward but own rateable land in a Council Ward
  • you are an occupier or a rate paying lessee of rateable land in a Council Ward.

To be eligible, you must register as a non-resident individual applicant or as a corporation/entity (or joint and several owners). Any questions in relation to the non-residential rolls can be directed to Grant Davies on 9806 5314. Please note that it is not compulsory for those on the non-residential roll to vote.

The deadline for non-resident owner enrolment for the next council election is Monday 31 July 2017. Non-residential rolls lapse after each local government election.