Youth Candidate Information Session
Thinking of Becoming a Councillor?
Are you aged between 18 and 30 and looking to get involved in your local community?
Have you thought about becoming a Councillor? Come and find out more about what it’s like to be an elected member of your local council.
We will be hosting an information session on Tuesday 27 June 2017 at 6pm in the Jubilee Room, Parramatta Town Hall, 182 Church Street, Parramatta.
What do others say?
“I have fond memories of being a part of an amazing community and am grateful for the opportunity to learn in a supportive and dynamic environment.” Merryn Spencer, Elected Representative for Gilgandra Shire Council, 2006-2011 (now Research and Consultation Coordinator, City of Parramatta)
Vanessa Moskal, member of the Social Local Representation Committee at Northern Beaches Council and former Warringah Councillor, will present on a range of topics including:
- The benefits and importance of Local Government
- Challenges of the role and how to meet them
- Importance of speaking out on key issues and how to do this confidently
- Support available including information and networks
- Introduction to local government jargon and what it means
- Putting it together: Making a commitment
Attendance at the seminar is free but RSVPs are essential and should be forwarded to Bronwyn Pullen on 9806 5198 or email BPullen@cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au by Sunday, 25 June 2017.
Elections will take place on Saturday, 9 September 2017.