By proclamation dated 12 May 2016, the former ‘Parramatta City Council’ is now known as the ‘City of Parramatta Council’ and operates under an appointed Administrator until an election is held for new Councillors on 9 September 2017. In the interim, Council Meetings are still held and conducted by the Administrator, Amanda Chadwick and are generally held on the second Monday of each month (except January) as below. Members of the public can view current Council Meetings via live stream video.
- Monday 22 May 2017 6pm - Extraordinary Council Meeting to consider exhibition of Draft 2017/2018 Operational Plan - Parramatta Town Hall - Jubilee Room
- Tuesday 13 June 2017 6pm - Parramatta Town Hall - Jubilee Room
- Monday 26 June 2017 6pm - Extraordinary Council Meeting to consider adoption of Draft 2017/2018 Operational Plan - Parramatta Town Hall - Jubilee Room
- Monday 10 July 2017 6pm - Epping Community Centre, 9 Oxford Street, Epping
- Monday, 14 August 2017 6pm - Parramatta Town Hall – Jubilee Room
- Monday 4 September 2017 6pm - Don Moore Community Centre, Cnr North Rocks Road & Farnell Ave, North Rocks
- Monday 18 September 2017 6pm - Extraordinary Council Meeting for Election of the Lord Mayor - Parramatta Town Hall - Jubilee Room
- Monday 9 October 2017 6pm - Dundas Community Hall, 21 Sturt Street, Telopea
- Monday 13 November 2017 6pm - Parramatta Town Hall – Jubilee Room
- Monday 11 December 2017 6pm - Roselea Community Centre, 647-671 Pennant Hills Road, Beecroft.
View past Council Meetings by accessing archived videos on the Multimedia Gallery page.
The Chief Executive Officer and members of the Executive Management Team also attend the meetings to provide information or advice when called upon by the City of Parramatta. Residents from the new regions that have recently been added to Parramatta’s Local Government Area are welcome to attend any of the Council meetings. Areas include Northmead, Oatlands, North Rocks, Newington, Wentworth Point, Carlingford, Mays Hill and Epping.
Code of Meeting Practice
The Code of Meeting Practice was adopted by City of Parramatta in November 2016 and governs the way in which Council meetings are held.
There is a maximum of 5 minutes allocated to each item including the question, response and right of reply for the Public Forum, with a maximum of 15 minutes permitted for the entire consideration of Public Forum. Council will strictly adhere to these limits.
Council Meetings allow for 6 questions to be considered depending on time. Any remaining questions will be held over to a later meeting of council.
You must address your question or issue to the Administrator who will nominate a staff member to respond and you will have the right of reply to any response if time permits.
Questions or statements must relate to general policy matters or development applications and must not refer to or make reflections on individuals or address items considered in closed Sessions
You can submit a question, comment or statement to the Public Forum Session of Council Meetings if you follow the guidelines below:
- complete the form below to lodge you questions or issues in writing with your and contact details before 4pm on the Friday prior to the meeting
- questions will be registered in order of receipt and priority will be given to those who have not lodged a question before
- submit your form early to minimise the chances of your question being held over to another meeting
Public Participation at Council Meetings
p: 9806 5314
p: 9806 5325