Looking to have your say on Councillors' expenses?
Interested in finding out more about Councillors' expenses and a draft plan that aims to improve accountability and transparency? Plans include a monetary limit on Councillors' expenses that could result in savings for City of Parramatta.
City of Parramatta is committed to:
- proper conduct where Councillors are acting lawfully and honestly, exercising care and diligence in carrying out their functions
- reasonable expenses: providing for Councillors to be reimbursed for expenses reasonably incurred as part of their role as a Councillor
- participation, equity and access: enabling people from diverse backgrounds, underrepresented groups, those in carer roles and those with special needs to serve as a Councillor
- appropriate use of resources: providing clear direction on the appropriate use of Council resources in accordance with legal requirements and community expectations
- accountability and transparency: clearly stating and reporting on the expenses and facilities provided to Councillors.
Find out more about our Councillors' Expenses and Facilities Policy here - we'd love to hear from you before Monday 22 May by 5pm with a number of ways of giving your feedback including:
m: Draft Councillors' Expenses and Facilities Policy
Interim General Manager
City of Parramatta Council
PO Box 32
Parramatta NSW 2124
p: 9806 5050