Public Notice - Regional Fox Baiting Program
Please be advised that a fox baiting program will soon commence in the local area in conjunction with Greater Sydney Local Land Services. The aim of the program is to protect native wildlife including threatened species from fox predation.
Foxoff poison baits (containing 1080) will be buried in the following Reserves between Monday 12 August 2019 to Friday 30 August 2019:
- Lake Parramatta Reserve, managed by City of Parramatta Council
- Bidjigal Reserve, managed by The Hills Shire Council and The Bidjigal Reserve Trust
- Excelsior Reserve, Ted Horwood Reserve, 13 Codwells Road Kenthurst, managed by The Hills Shire Council
The above listed bushland reserves will be closed to dogs (including dogs walking on a lead), during and up to 4 weeks after the fox baiting program. 1080 poison is lethal to dogs and cats.
Dogs on leads can return to these reserves on Saturday 28 September 2019.
In an emergency, contact City of Parramatta Council on 1300 617 058 or The Hills Shire Council on 9843 0555 or 9843 0109.
Foxoff is designed specifically for fox control. Trained staff will undertake the baiting. Baits will be buried 10cm under the ground to reduce the risk of non-target poisoning.
Signs stating '1080 FOX POISON LAID IN THIS AREA' and 'Dogs (& Cats) are prohibited' will be displayed in the relevant parks and reserves to notify the public about the program.
Please contact the following agencies for further information, or if you notice that one or more of the signs has been vandalised or is missing:
- City of Parramatta Council on 1300 617 058
- The Hills Shire Council on 9843 0555 or 9843 0109
- Greater Sydney Local Land Services on 1300 795 299