Regional Fox Baiting program - Public Notice
Regional Fox Baiting program
Please be advised that a fox baiting program will soon commence in the local area in conjunction with Greater Sydney Local Land Services. The aim of the program is to protect native wildlife including threatened species from fox predation.
Foxoff poison baits (containing 1080) will be buried in the following Reserves between Monday 10 August to Friday 28 August 2020:
- Lake Parramatta Reserve, managed by City of Parramatta Council
- Excelsior Reserve, Eric Mobbs Reserve, Ted Horwood Reserve, 13 Cadwells Road Kenthurst, Holland Road Reserve Glenhaven managed by The Hills Shire Council
Foxoff is designed specifically for fox control. Trained staff will undertake the baiting. Baits will be buried 10cm under the ground to reduce the risk of non-target poisoning.
Signs stating '1080 FOX POISON LAID IN THIS AREA' and 'Dogs (& Cats) are prohibited' will be displayed in the relevant parks and reserves to notify the public about the program.
Please contact the following agencies for further information, or if you notice that one or more of the signs has been vandalised or missing:
- City of Parramatta Council on 1300 617 058
- The Hills Shire Council on 9843 0555
- Greater Sydney Local Land Services on 1300 795 299