City of Parramatta Council will close nearly 150 playgrounds and skate parks until further notice in line with new restrictions on outdoor public gatherings due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
From midnight Monday 30 March, members of the public will not be able to use any Council-managed skate facilities, playground or outdoor gym equipment across the Local Government Area, including:
- Parramatta Skate Park
- Telopea Skate Park
- West Epping Skate Park
Outdoor Fitness Equipment
- Arthur Phillip Park, Northmead
- Barton Park, North Parramatta
- Boronia Park, Epping
- Cowells Lane Reserve, Ermington
- Doyle Ground, North Parramatta
- Dundas Park, Dundas
- Eccles Park, Ermington
- Eric Primrose Reserve, Rydalmere
- George Kendall Riverside Park, Ermington
- Harold West Reserve, Carlingford
- Hazlewood Rose Park, Carlingford
- Homelands Reserve, Telopea
- James Farnell Reserve, Carlingford
- James Hoskin Reserve, Carlingford
- Jubilee Park, Parramatta
- Loftus Square, Epping
- Milson Park, Westmead
- Ollie Webb Reserve, Parramatta
- Third Settlement Reserve, Winston Hills
- Upjohn Park, Rydalmere
- Winston Hills Lions Park, Winston Hills
For a full list of Council’s playgrounds, visit the Parks & Reserves Page
Extra Cleansing Measures – Public Spaces
Council has implemented a range of additional cleaning measures across the City of Parramatta, including:
- The addition of disinfectant in water used to spray and sweep pavements daily in the Parramatta CBD and weekly in regional centres.
- The sanitisation of water stations, bins, street furniture, pedestrian buttons on traffic lights and other equipment in the CBD, regional and local centres.
- More frequent cleaning of public toilets.