The City of Parramatta is publicly exhibiting a Planning Proposal, with its respective draft site-specific DCP and draft Planning Agreement, for land at 8-14 Great Western Highway, Parramatta.
This Planning Proposal seeks to amend the Parramatta Local Environmental Plan 2011 (PLEP 2011) by:
- Increasing the maximum floor space ratio (FSR) from 3.5:1 to 10:1 (15:1 when including the 15% design excellence bonus, 5% high performing buildings and opportunity sites bonuses and 16.42:1 when including the unlimited commercial floor space bonus).
- Increasing the maximum Height of Buildings control from 28 metres to RL 211 metres (RL 243 metres when including the 15% design excellence bonus).
- Inserting the following site-specific provisions:
- Applying maximum car parking rates per the endorsed Parramatta CBD Planning Proposal;
- Requiring a minimum 1:1 commercial floor space to be provided on the site;
- Allowing an additional 5% floor-space ratio bonus provided high performing building standards are met;
- Allowing an additional 3:1 floor-space ratio if the development demonstrates it meets the ‘opportunity site’ criteria; and
- Allowing for an unlimited additional commercial floor-space ratio above the mapped floor-space ratio control (subject to the limits set by the height control).
The draft site-specific DCP proposes detailed guidelines on building setbacks, built form, design, massing, heritage interface and vehicular access. This will be included as part of Parramatta DCP 2011 which can be accessed via Council’s website or at Council’s Customer Contact Centre.
The draft Planning Agreement is to enable Council to receive a monetary contribution which will be used towards community infrastructure within the Paramatta Central Business District.
Council has been authorised as the local plan-making authority as confirmed in the Gateway Determination.
Have Your Say
Public exhibition of the planning proposal, draft DCP, draft Planning Agreement and supporting information closes at 5.00pm on 20 August 2021:
If you need assistance preparing a submission, please contact Felicity Roberts - Project Officer (City Planning and Design) on 9806 5710 or email: