A PLANNING PROPOSAL AND DRAFT SITE SPECIFIC DEVELOPMENT CONTROL PLAN FOR LAND AT 14-38 COWPER STREET, 5-5A ROWELL STREET AND 21-41 EAST STREET, GRANViLLE
City of Parramatta Council is publicly exhibiting a Planning Proposal and draft site specific Development Control Plan (DCP) for land at 14-38 Cowper Street, 5-5A Rowell Street and 21-41 East Street, Granville.
What are the proposed changes?
The Planning Proposal seeks to amend the Parramatta Local Environmental Plan (PLEP) 2011 in relation to the subject site by:
- Increasing the Maximum Height of Building control from 52m to part 92m (but only for the western portion of the land that contains Building C) and retain the existing 52m for the remainder of the site.
- Identifying the western portion of the land containing Building C as “A” on the Design Excellence Map to ensure that it is subject to an appropriate design competition as per Clause 6.13 of the PLEP 2011.
A site-specific DCP has been prepared to guide development of the tower above the podium at the western portion of the site only, located at 38 Cowper Street, Granville. The draft DCP includes a tower envelope and setback controls to inform the future development of the tower. The draft DCP would form an amendment to Part 4 of the Parramatta Development Control Plan 2011.
How long is the exhibition period?
The Planning Proposal will be on public exhibition from Wednesday, 6 November 2019 to Friday, 6 December 2019 and can be viewed at:
- City of Parramatta Council’s Administration Building, Ground Floor, 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150. Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- Parramatta Central Library, 1-3 Fitzwilliam Street, Parramatta NSW 2150. Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30am to 8pm; Saturday 9:30am to 4pm; Sunday 2pm to 5pm.
- Granville Library, 8 Carlton Street, Granville NSW 2142. Hours: Monday & Thursday 10am to 8pm; Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 10am to 5:30pm; Saturday 9:30am to 12pm.
For more information, visit City of Parramatta Council website.
Written submissions are invited. All submissions received will be considered before a final decision is made by Council.
All submissions must include reference number RZ/15/2017 and are to be received by 4:30pm on 6 December 2019.
Submissions can be sent by:
- Post: Chief Executive Officer, City of Parramatta Council, PO Box 32, Parramatta NSW 2124, Attn: Darren Caballero – Land Use Planning
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘RZ/15/2017 – Planning Proposal 14-38 Cowper Street, 5-5A Rowell Street, 21-41 East Street, Granville’ in subject line.
Persons making a submission should note the following regarding personal information included in your submission:
Purpose of collection: Should you wish to make a submission on the publicly exhibited matter, Council will be collecting your personal information in order to enable Council to properly consider your submission (as required by law) and communicate further with you about this matter if required.
Intended recipients: The intended recipient of the information is City of Parramatta Council.
Supply: While the supply of this information is voluntary, the personal information you provide will enable Council to properly consider your submission (as required by law) and communicate further with you about this matter if required.
Access/Correction: Your personal information can be accessed by you and may also be available to third parties in accordance with the City of Parramatta’s Access to Information Policy and Privacy Management Plan. You may make an application for access or amendment to personal information held by Council. Council will consider any such application in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.Storage: Council is the agency that holds the personal information. Council may be contacted on 02 9806 5050 or at 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150.
If you require additional information or have further questions, please contact Darren Caballero (Project Officer Land Use Planning) on 02 9806 5956.
Planning Proposal Documentation
- Planning Proposal for land at 14-38 Cowper Street, 5-5A Rowell Street and 21-41 East Street, Granville
- Appendix A of the Planning Proposal – Gateway Determination
- Appendix B of the Planning Proposal – Urban Design Report and Reference Design
- Local Planning Panel Report – 21 August 2018
- Local Planning Panel Recommendation – 21 August 2018
- Council Report – 24 September 2018
- Council Resolution – 24 September 2018
- Council Rescission Motion – 17 December 2018
- Council Resolution – 17 December 2018
Draft Site Specific Development Control Plan Documentation