The City of Parramatta Council is exhibiting a Planning Proposal and draft Planning Agreement for land at 1 Windsor Road, North Rocks.
As detailed below, the proposal seeks to change Council’s planning controls to permit an additional use for the subject site.
The Planning Proposal seeks the following amendments to Parramatta (former The Hills) Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2012:
- Amend Schedule 1 of the Parramatta (former The Hills) LEP 2012 by adding ‘retail premises’ as an additional permitted use (limited to a maximum of 3,800m2) to facilitate a supermarket and liquor store at 1 Windsor Road, North Rocks.
- Require that ‘retail premises’ may only be permitted as an additional permitted use in conjunction with an existing permissible use under the B6 Enterprise Corridor zone.
Draft Planning Agreement
Council has negotiated a Draft Planning Agreement with the developer in accordance with Council’s Planning Agreements Policy (2018). The Draft Planning Agreement proposes to:
- Dedicate a portion of the Land to Council free of cost (the Dedication Land) for the purpose of possible future road widening of James Ruse Drive; and
- Register a public access easement at no cost to Council, over that part of the Land on which the Bridge Works and the Council Works will be located, in favour of Council (the Easement).
The Planning Agreement also provides that the Developer will after obtaining development consent for the development of the Land (regardless of use):
- Construct a lightweight steel bridge structure 3m wide that is to provide further pedestrian access to the Land from North Rocks Road (the Works);
The Planning Agreement also provides that the Developer will after obtaining development consent for the development of the Land as a supermarket:
- Pay a monetary contribution of $500,000.00 (the Contribution) to facilitate the construction of a future footbridge connection.
Have your say
Public exhibition of Planning Proposal, draft Planning Agreement and supporting information for land at 1 Windsor Road, North Rocks closes at 5:00pm on Friday 17 December 2021.
If you need assistance preparing a submission, please contact Jane Liang - Project Officer (City Planning and Design) on 02 9806 5057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.