Planning Proposal and Draft Voluntary Planning Agreement 189 Macquarie Street Parramatta
The City of Parramatta Council is publically exhibiting a Planning Proposal and Draft Voluntary Planning (VPA) for land at 189 Macquarie Street, Parramatta.
The Planning Proposal seeks to amend the Parramatta Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2011 in relation to the site specific clause ‘7.9 – Development on land at 189 Macquarie Street, Parramatta’.
The amendment seeks to:
- Increase the building height from 91.3 metres to 167 metres;
- Increase the Gross Floor Area (GFA) from 36,000sqm to 60,000sqm (excluding any floor space used for private balconies and communal open space); and
- Introduce a new provision in relation to maximum car parking rates for private car parking.
The draft VPA also being exhibited will enable Council to receive a monetary contribution towards the provision of community infrastructure within the Parramatta City Centre. A draft VPA is being provided due to the significant increase in residential GFA being sought as part of the Planning Proposal.
The Planning Proposal and draft VPA will be publicly exhibited from 8 May 2019 to 7 June 2019 and can be viewed via:
- Parramatta City Council Administration Building, Ground Floor, 126 Church Street, Parramatta: Monday – Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- Parramatta City Library, 1-3 Fitzwilliam Street, Parramatta: Monday – Friday 9.30am to 8pm; Saturday 9.30am to 4pm; Sunday 2.00pm to 5.00pm.
Written comments are invited. All submissions received will be considered before a final decision is made by Council.
Submissions are to be received by 4:30 pm on 7 June 2019.
Submissions must reference RZ/22/2015 and can be sent via:
Post: Chief Executive Officer
City of Parramatta Council
PO Box 32, Parramatta NSW 2124
Attention: Land Use Planning Ref. RZ/22/2015
Fax: 9806 5913
- Planning Proposal – 189 Macquarie Street, Parramatta
- Appendix 1 - Urban Design Report
- Appendix 2 - Heritage report
- Appendix 3 - Flooding Advice KFW March 2016
- Appendix 4 - 189_Cumulative Solar Study
- Appendix 5 - Addendum Letter (Flooding)
- Draft Voluntary Planning Agreement – 189 Macquarie Street, Parramatta
- Explanatory Note
- Council Reports and Minutes
- Gateway Determination
For further information or queries please contact Council on (02) 9806 5144.
Persons making a submission should note the following regarding personal information included in your submission:
Purpose of collection: Should you wish to make a submission on the publicly exhibited matter, Council will be collecting your personal information in order to enable Council to properly consider your submission (as required by law) and communicate further with you about this matter if required.
Intended recipients: The intended recipient of the information is City of Parramatta Council.
Supply: While the supply of this information is voluntary, the personal information you provide will enable Council to properly consider your submission (as required by law) and communicate further with you about this matter if required.
Access/Correction: Your personal information can be accessed by you and may also be available to third parties in accordance with the City of Parramatta’s Access to Information Policy and Privacy Management Plan. You may make an application for access or amendment to personal information held by Council. Council will consider any such application in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Storage: Council is the agency that holds the personal information.