Planning Proposal for a new City of Parramatta Local Environmental Plan
Council has prepared a Planning Proposal for a new Local Environmental Plan (LEP) for the City of Parramatta Local Government Area (LGA). The new LEP will replace the existing LEPs that currently apply to land in the LGA (as a result of the amalgamation process) and will be the primary planning document for guiding development and land use decisions made by Council.
The focus of the Planning Proposal is harmonisation (or consolidation) of existing LEP controls. It does not propose major changes to zoning or increases to density controls. However, in order to create a single LEP some changes are proposed to planning controls applying to certain parts of the LGA. These include:
- changes to the types of development that are allowed in certain areas, including where dual occupancies can be built;
- changes to bring a consistent approach to height and floor space ratio controls applying to residential zones; and
- a limited number of changes to the zoning of some sites to address inconsistencies and anomalies across current land use plans
The Planning Proposal and supporting documents will be on public exhibition from Monday 31 August 2020 until Monday 12 October 2020, and can be viewed at:
- Council's Participate Parramatta engagement portal
- Council's Customer Contact Centre: 126 Church Street, Parramatta, between 9:00am - 3:00pm, Monday - Friday
- Council libraries (subject to Covid-19 restrictions - please check Council's website here for further details)
Written submissions on the Planning Proposal can be made during the exhibition period, via:
- Council’s Participate Parramatta engagement platform
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting reference: F2020/02092)
- Mail: City of Parramatta Council, Attention: Land Use Planning Harmonisation (Ref: F2020/02092), PO Box 32, Parramatta NSW 2124
Submissions need to be received by 5.00pm Monday 12 October 2020.
Delegation for making the new LEP has not been issued to Council. At the conclusion of the exhibition period, and after consideration of any submissions received, Council will submit the Planning Proposal to the Department of Planning, Industry & Environment, who will be responsible for finalising the LEP.
For further information or queries, you can call the Land Use Planning Harmonisation team on (02) 9806 5050 or email us at email@example.com.
Out-of-hours Phone Sessions
To provide you with additional opportunities to ask questions, we are offering dedicated out-of-hours phone sessions during the exhibition period. Visit this page to book a session.