Pursuant to section 644A of the Local Government Act 1993, notice is hereby given of the proposal to establish alcohol free zones for a four-year period in a number of locations within the City of Parramatta Local Government Area.
Any person or community group may make a representation or objection regarding the below mentioned proposed alcohol free zones. Representations or objections must be in writing and be received no later than 14 June 2023. Please send your comment:
The City of Parramatta Council,
PO Box 32,
Parramatta NSW 2124,
or email Council at email@example.com
Please note that the verbal feedback option is being offered for those that cannot provide or may find it difficult to provide written feedback.
Plans of the proposed alcohol free zones may be viewed on this website. For further information, please contact Council’s Crime Prevention Office on 02 9806 5866.
DESCRIPTION OF PROPOSED ALCOHOL FREE ZONES
- The roads and footpaths Tiptrees Avenue and Tiptrees Lane; the western side of Coleman Avenue between Tiptrees Lane and Lloyds Avenue; Lloyds Avenue between both entrance to Pennant Hills Road; and Pennant Hills Road (both sides) between Tiptrees Avenue and Coleman Avenue; and the carparks enclosed in that area.
- The carpark behind the shops in Station Street, Dundas; the footpath of Calder Road between the carpark and Station Street; and the car parking area and footpath outside the shops on Station Street.
- The roads and footpaths of Rawson Street and the carpark at 51A Rawson Street; the roads and footpaths of Beecroft Road between Carlingford Road and Bridge Street; and all of Hunts Lane.
- The roads and footpaths of Langston Place between Epping Road and Cambridge Street; Cambridge Street between Langston Place and the northern end of the roundabout; Oxford Street between Cambridge Street and no. 36 Oxford Street; Pembroke Street between Epping Railway Station and Chambers Court; and all of Chambers Court, including the carpark at Epping Library. (APA at Pembroke Street Park)
- Ermington shopping precinct, being the roads, footpaths and car parking areas of Betty Cuthbert Ave and associated pathways; the road and footpaths of Club Lane; and the road and footpaths of River Road between Betty Cuthbert Avenue and Lister Avenue.
- The road and footpaths of Ada Street; the road and footpath of Wigram Street between Ada Street and Marion Street; the road and footpath of Albion Street from the vicinity of 38 Albion Street to Marion Street; the road and footpath of Marion Street between Albion Street and Stations Street East; the road and footpath of Station Street East between Ada Street and Marion Street; and the pathway from Harris Park Railway Station to Station Street East.
- The road, footpaths and car parking areas of all of Jubilee Lane.
- Carpark and footpaths on northern side of the intersection of Victoria Road and Pennant Street.
- The road, footpaths and car parking areas of Iron St between Castle St and Gilbert St; and the road, footpaths and landscaping of By St between Iron St and Castle St.
- The road, footpaths, landscaping and car parking areas of Castle St between Bellevue St and Pennant Hills Rd; and the road, footpaths, landscaping and car parking areas of Bellevue St between Castle St and Pennant Hills Rd.
- The roads, footpaths and laneways surrounding the Oatlands shops on Belmore St East, consisting of Belmore St East between Charles St and the laneway on the south western side of the shops, including the carpark area; Charles St between Belmore St East and the laneway on the north western side of the shops; and the two laneways.
- The road, footpaths, landscaping and car parking area of George Khattar Lane.
- The footpath surrounding Prince Alfred Square, being the western footpath of Church St between Market St and Victoria Rd; the southern footpath of Victoria Rd between Church St and Marist Place; the eastern footpath of Marist Place between Victoria Rd and Market St; and the northern footpath of Market St.
- The road and footpaths of George Street, between Marsden Street and Red Cow Lane; All of Red Cow Lane; the road and footpaths of Marsden Street between George Street and Macquarie Street; the road and footpaths of Church Street between Macquarie Street and the Mayfair Arcade situated between Phillip and George Streets, in the vicinity of 278 Church Street; and the road and footpaths of Macquarie Street between Marsden Street and Smith Street.
- The road and footpaths of Argyle Street between and Station Street East, including the roads and footpaths of the bus interchange at Parramatta Station; the roads and footpaths of Marsden Street between Argyle Street and Campbell Street; and the roads and footpaths of Campbell Street between Church Street and Marsden Street.
- The road and footpath of George St between Argus Lane and Harris St; and the western footpath of Harris St between George St and Macquarie St.
- The road and footpaths of Fitzwilliam Street between Church Street and Wentworth Street and all of Firehorse Lane and the lane ways surrounding the Station Carpark (formerly known as the Wentworth Street Carpark) and all levels of the Station Carpark.
- The roads and footpaths of Sorrell Street between Victoria Road and Ross Street; Ross Street between Sorrell and Church Streets; Church Street between Ross Street and Victoria Road (Eastern side); and Victoria Road between Church and Sorrell Streets (Northern side).
- All levels and all areas, including lane ways and access ways of the Hunter Street Multilevel carpark, also known as the Justice Precinct Parramatta Carpark.
- All levels and all areas of the Erby Place Multilevel Carpark, also known as the Eat Street Carpark; China Rose Walk; all of Auctioneer Lane and Erby Place itself.
- The road, footpaths and car parking areas of Wentworth Avenue between Ballandella Road and Bungaree Road; road and footpaths of Bungaree Road between Wentworth Avenue and the service lane behind the Wentworth Avenue shops; and the service lane behind the Wentworth Avenue shops itself.
- Roads and footpaths of Park Road between Victoria Road and Pine Street; Victoria Road (northern side) between Myrtle Street and the eastern end of John Carver Reserve; Pine Street between Myrtle Street and the service laneway and carpark behind the shops at eastern side of Park Street between Pine Street and John Carver Reserve; and the carpark and service laneway therein.
- Telopea shopping precinct, being the roads and footpaths of Evans Road (north side) between Sturt Street and Shortland Street; Shortland Street (western side) between Evans Road and Benaud Place; Benaud Place (being the service land behind the shops); Sturt Street (eastern side) between Benaud Place and Evans Road; and Benaud Place (being the road, footpaths and landscaping in front of the shops).
- Telopea Shopping Centre precinct, being the roads and footpaths of Adderton Road between Robert Street and no. 59 Adderton Road; and Telopea Street, between Adderton Road and Garden Street.
- Footpath and commuter car parking area, being the unformed portions of Sturt Street adjacent to the Telopea Light Rail Station used for recreation and car parking purposes.
- The road and footpaths of Station Road between Mimosa Avenue and Fitzwilliam Road, and the road and footpaths of Wentworth Avenue between Fitzwilliam Road and Cornelia Road.
- The road and footpaths of Railway Parade between Hawkesbury Road and Ashley Lane.
- The road and footpath of Caroline Chisholm Drive between Langdon Road and Junction Road; and the roads and footpath of Junction Road between Caroline Chisholm Drive and Romulus Street.