City of Parramatta is proposing to install the following traffic facilities in Epping, Parramatta, Carlingford, Dundas, North Parramatta, Pendle Hill, Toongabbie, Old Toongabbie and Melrose Park (click links to view proposed changes):
- Ward Street, Epping (near the gate of Epping West Public School) – Install a new raised pedestrian crossing (Ref no. TS 2021 36).
- Villiers Street at Ross Street and Grose Street, Parramatta – Raise the existing two marked pedestrian crossings (Ref no. TS 2021 37).
- Murray Farm Road east of Tracey Avenue, Carlingford – Raise the existing marked pedestrian crossing (Ref no. TS 2021 38).
- Kenworthy Street, Dundas - Upgrade the existing children’s crossing to a raised pedestrian crossing (Ref no. TS 2021 39).
- Brabyn Street south of Albert Street East, North Parramatta - Upgrade the existing children’s crossing to a raised pedestrian crossing (Ref no. TS 2021 40).
- Karingal Avenue at Felton Road, Carlingford – Install a raised pedestrian crossing (Ref no. TS 2021 41).
- Binalong Road south of Bora Place, Pendle Hill – Raise the existing marked pedestrian crossing (TS 2021 42).
- Felton Road east of Baker Street, Carlingford – Raise the existing marked pedestrian crossing (Ref no. TS 2021 43).
- Ballandella Road, Toongabbie at Toongabbie West Public School - Upgrade the existing raised pedestrian crossing to current standard (Ref no. TS 2021 44).
- Hope Street west of Waratah Street, Melrose Park – Replace the non-compliant pedestrian refuge island with a raised pedestrian crossing (Ref no. TS 2021 45).
- Waratah Street (near the gate of Melrose Park Public School), Melrose Park – Install a new raised pedestrian crossing (Ref no. TS 2021 54).
- Fitzwilliam Road at Binalong Road and Reynolds Street, Old Toongabbie – Modify existing traffic signals and concrete median island (Ref no. TS 2021 55).
Council is also proposing to install turn restrictions in Toongabbie and Carlingford at the locations listed below:
- Barangaroo Road at Wentworth Avenue, Toongabbie - A ‘No Left Turn - Vehicles under 9m Expected’ restriction for westbound traffic in Barangaroo Road at Wentworth Avenue (Ref no. TS 2021 53). WITHDRAWN
- Lloyds Avenue at Pennant Hills Road, Carlingford – Replace the existing ‘No Right Turn’ restriction with an ‘All Traffic Left only’ restriction (Ref no. TS 2021 56).
The proposed alteration is required to improve road safety at the intersection of Pennant Hills Road, Lloyds Avenue and Evans Road, Carlingford.
Council invites written submissions from residents, businesses and relevant authorities. Submissions must be provided to Council by Tuesday, 17 August 2021.
Submissions can be sent to:
- Email: email@example.com
Traffic and Transport Services
City of Parramatta Council
PO Box 32 Parramatta NSW 2124
Please include your street address and survey reference number in any response you provide.
The Parramatta Traffic Committee and Council will consider responses to this consultation prior to determining the matter. All survey respondents will be advised of Council’s decision in early 2022.
For further information, please contact Council's Traffic and Transport Section on 9806 8479.