Detail Design and Review of Environmental Factors for proposed Traffic Signals at the intersection of Hill Road and Bennelong Parkway, Wentworth Point
City of Parramatta Council is proposing to install Traffic Signals at the intersection of Hill Road and Bennelong Parkway, Wentworth Point. View detailed design plan. The purpose of this proposal is to improve traffic flow and intersection safety with key features of the project being as follows:
- New traffic signals at the intersection of Hill Road and Bennelong Parkway with signalised pedestrian and cyclists’ crossings on all legs of the intersection
- A dedicated right hand turn lane from Hill Road going north into Bennelong Parkway
- Two dedicated right turn lanes and two dedicated left turn lanes from the Bennelong Road onto Hill Road
- Construction of a new shared paths to provide safe cyclist access through the intersection as well as provide a link to the existing cycleway network within Sydney Olympic Park Parklands
- Installation of new streetlights along Hill Road and Bennelong Parkway at the intersection
- Reconstruction of the existing pedestrian refuge island in Hill Road just south of Stromboli Strait to comply with current standards
Council now invites written submissions from residents, businesses and relevant authorities on both the detailed design and the REF. Submissions must be provided to Council by Tuesday, 6 September 2022
Submissions can be sent to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Traffic and Transport Services
City of Parramatta Council
PO Box 32 Parramatta NSW 2124
Please include your street address and survey reference number TS 2022 35 in any response you provide.
The Parramatta Traffic Committee and Council will consider responses to this consultation prior to determining the matter. All survey respondents will be advised of Council’s decision in October 2022. It is intended that construction of the traffic signals will be completed in June 2023.
For further information, please contact Council's Traffic and Transport Section on 9806 5955.