Public re-exhibition of an amended draft DCP for land at 2 O’Connell Street, Parramatta
The City of Parramatta Council is publicly exhibiting an amended draft Development Control Plan (DCP) for land at 2 O’Connell Street, Parramatta.
An earlier version of the DCP was previously exhibited from 11 December 2019 to 31 January 2020 alongside the Planning Proposal and draft Planning Agreement for the site.
An amended site-specific draft DCP has been prepared in accordance with Council’s resolution dated 11 May 2020 (see Item 18.7, Resolution 2733).
The draft DCP is prepared as a proposed inclusion within the existing Parramatta DCP 2011 which is also available on this website at Development Control Plans or at Council’s Customer Service Centre.
Changes to the draft DCP for 2 O’Connell Street since the original exhibition relate to the following matters:
- Removal of the 3.5 metre building setback to O’Connell Street (as Transport for NSW has indicated that this is no longer required for road widening purposes) and resulting adjustments to relevant controls (including but not limited to changes to the building and tower setbacks);
- Addition of a section on heritage that refers to the LEP provision relating to heritage transition and impacts. The new DCP controls will ensure clear criteria for assessing transition of any development on this site to the adjoining heritage item (St John’s Anglican Cemetery); and
- Addition of a control outlining that the materials selection is to minimise reflectivity and glare impacts; and
- Other minor amendments identified by Council Officers in preparing the amended DCP for exhibition.
The draft DCP and supporting information will be publicly exhibited from Wednesday 26 August 2020 to Wednesday 23 September 2020 and can be viewed at:
- Council’s website
- City of Parramatta Council Administration Building, Ground Floor, 126 Church Street, Parramatta: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 3:00pm.
(Please note that the changes to the draft DCP since the first public exhibition in December 2019/January 2020 are shown in the attached DCP in yellow highlight.)
In accordance with COVID-19 Legislation Amendment (Emergency Measures) Bill 2020, all relevant exhibition material can be accessed on Council’s website. If you have any issues accessing the material please contact the Council Officer on the email or telephone details provided below. The exhibition material is also available at the Customer Contact Centre – 126 Church Street, Parramatta, 2150 on Monday – Friday during 9:00am – 3:00pm
Written comments are invited. All submissions received will be considered before a final decision is made by Council. Submissions should reference RZ/2/2017 and are to be received by 5:00pm on Wednesday 23 September 2020.
Submissions can be sent to:
- Email: email@example.com (please quote “RZ/2/2017” in the subject line).
- Post: City Planning
City of Parramatta Council
PO Box 32
Parramatta NSW 2124
Attention: Felicity Roberts, Project Officer – City Planning
Subject: Re-exhibition of DCP for 2 O’Connell Street, Parramatta (RZ/2/2017)
- Fax: (02) 9806 5913
Please note: Council endorsed matters in relation to finalising the Planning Proposal for 2 O’Connell Street, Parramatta on 11 May 2020 (refer to Item 18.7 Resolution 2733). The Planning Proposal has been forwarded to the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) to prepare for finalisation. Council has requested that the final notification on the relevant Government website only be undertaken once Council confirms that the Planning Agreement has been signed and entered into and the site-specific DCP has been publicly exhibited and adopted by Council.
For further information or queries please contact Felicity Roberts – Project Officer Land Use Planning on (02) 9806 5710.
- Draft Development Control Plan
- Reference design
- Council minutes – 11 May 2020
- Council report – 11 May 2020
- Local Planning Panel minutes – 21 April 2020
- Local Planning Panel report – 21 April 2020
- Endorsed Local Planning Proposal
Persons making a submission should note the following regarding personal information included in your submission:
Purpose of collection: Should you wish to make a submission on the publicly exhibited matter, Council will be collecting your personal information in order to enable Council to properly consider your submission (as required by law) and communicate further with you about this matter if required.
Intended recipients: The intended recipient of the information is City of Parramatta Council.
Supply: While the supply of this information is voluntary, the personal information you provide will enable Council to properly consider your submission (as required by law) and communicate further with you about this matter if required.
Access/Correction: Your personal information can be accessed by you and may also be available to third parties in accordance with the City of Parramatta’s Access to Information Policy and Privacy Management Plan. You may make an application for access or amendment to personal information held by Council. Council will consider any such application in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.Storage: Council is the agency that holds the personal information. Council may be contacted on 9806 5050 or at 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150.