Building Upgrade Finance
Commercial building owners in the City of Parramatta Local Government Area can access private finance for building upgrades through the NSW Government’s Building Upgrade Finance initiative.
This type of private finance is tailored to suit common building upgrades to existing non–residential, non-strata buildings, that result in an environmental improvement. Upgrades involving solar, air conditioning systems, building management systems, hot water boilers, refrigeration units, lifts, lighting, bathroom renovations, façade are eligible for building upgrade finance.
Council waivers fees for Building Upgrade Finance upgrades
To encourage and support local building owners to carry out Building Upgrade Finance upgrades, from September 2018 Council will waive the fee for the next 10 agreements signed in the City of Parramatta Local Government Area. This is valued at approximately $12,000 for each agreement.
Hear from the building owners the benefits of Building Upgrade Finance upgrades:
What are the BEnefits of building upgrade finance
- Long finance tenor (up to 20 years) suited to projects with long payback periods
- Competitive, fixed interest rates
- No re-financing risk – the rate is fixed over the life of the finance
- Access to tenant contributions resulting from savings in outgoings for enhance return on investment, without the need to re-negotiate leases.
Where do I start?
- Talk to a building professional (i.e. energy/technical consultant, vendor, facilities manager etc.) about upgrade opportunities for your building. They can also assist with Building Upgrade Finance
- Find out if your building is eligible and read about the Building Upgrade Finance process .
- Contact City of Parramatta for further information and support
Rebecca Peacock, Environmental Outcomes Team
p: 9806 5733