Charity Partnership Expression of Interest
The City of Parramatta is looking to appoint annual charity partners across a selection of the City’s eight major events, for the 2017 / 2018 event season.
The City of Parramatta delivers 8 exciting and engaging events throughout the year, all of which have recently experienced significant growth in audience and media attention.
Charity partners are sought to provide engaging on-site event activations that add to each event program in a creative and innovative way. Activations will need to be wholly run by the Charity Partner within the City of Parramatta run event, in line with the theme of each event. Where City of Parramatta support is required, this should be detailed within the applicant’s proposal. Event activations should be used by the Charity Partner as a branding and marketing exercise. If the opportunity is being used to fundraise, this should be done through a creative and engaging experience for the audience.
The Charity Partner will be acknowledged on all event collateral and material. Speaking opportunities may be available at certain events.
City of Parramatta Major Events is seeking Charity Partners for the following events:
- Burramatta Day (NAIDOC): 8 July 2017
- Parramatta Lanes 2017: 10 - 13 October 2017
- Loy Krathong: November 2017
- Christmas: 30 November 2017
- New Year’s Eve: 31 December 2017
- Australia Day: 26 January 2018
- Lunar New Year: February 2018
- Winterlight: July 2018
Selection Criteria for all Events
The selected organisation:
- is an official registered charity or public benevolent institution
- has no religious or political affiliation
- produces significant benefit to the community through their core work
- has core values which align with those of the major event or City of Parramatta Council
- will submit a creative proposal that outlines an activation that fits the theme, program and scope of the major event selected.
- will have capacity to competently deliver the activation in a professional and safe manner, with delivery plan outlined in the application
- has public liability insurance cover of up to $10 million.
Appointments will be made for one year with two options to extend for a period of one year each.
The City of Parramatta may make direct approaches to potential charity partners as a part of this expression of interest process. All proposals will be evaluated by a panel for each event. The City of Parramatta reserves the right to proceed with any or all of the events mentioned above without appointing an event charity partner.
How to apply
All Expressions of Interest must include a response to the Selection Criteria as detailed above.
Applicants should email Expressions of Interest (EOI) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 29 May 2017.
Applications should be no longer than 5 pages and no larger than 5MB. Please use the contact below if you have issues keeping to the size guidelines.
City of Parramatta will seek to appoint and notify charity partners for events within a 2 week period following the submission closing date.
Any enquiries regarding the EOI should be emailed to email@example.com