Public Exhibition of the Land Use Planning Harmonisation Discussion Paper
Council is reviewing the multiple land use plans that currently apply to different parts of the City of Parramatta Local Government Area (LGA). This work will create a single Local Environmental Plan (LEP) and Development Control Plan (DCP) that will apply to the whole LGA.
Why is Council doing this?
In May 2016, the new City of Parramatta LGA was created from parts of the former council areas of Auburn, Holroyd, Hornsby, Parramatta and The Hills. As a result, different planning controls currently apply to different parts of the LGA.
The land use planning harmonisation process will create a clear and more consistent set of planning controls for the whole LGA.
What is Council consulting on?
As a key part of the review process, Council has prepared the Land Use Planning Harmonisation Discussion Paper. The Discussion Paper makes suggestions for the planning policies and controls that will form the basis of a new LGA-wide LEP and DCP. This process could result in changes to the current planning controls applying to certain areas and/or types of development, such as:
- what types of development are allowed in a particular land use zone, including where dual occupancies can be built and the design requirements for these types of development
- changes to height and floor space ratio controls applying to residential zones
- changes to car parking, biodiversity and tree protection controls
- changes to the zoning of some sites to provide a single set of planning controls across the LGA.
The Discussion Paper will be on public exhibition from Monday 21 January 2019 to Monday 4 March 2019. During this time, we are inviting feedback on the suggestions for consolidating our planning controls.
Community Drop-in Sessions
To provide you with an opportunity to discuss the suggested planning controls directly with Council staff, community drop-in sessions will be held at locations across Parramatta. You can visit during the times below:
|Date and Time||Venue|
|Friday 1 February, 11am - 2pm||Farmers Market Centenary Square, Parramatta|
|Saturday 2 February, 9am - 11am||Rawson Street Car Park, Epping (next to Coles)|
|Saturday 2 February, 12pm - 2pm||Carlingford Court Shopping Centre, Pennant Hills Rd & Carlingford Rd, Carlingford|
|Thursday 7 February, 4pm - 6pm||Newington Marketplace, 1 Ave of Europe, Newington|
|Saturday 9 February, 10am - 12pm||Northmead Shopping Centre, Campbell Street, Northmead|
|Tuesday 12 February, 6pm - 8pm||Dundas Community Centre, 21 Sturt Street, Telopea|
|Wednesday 13 February, 6pm - 8pm||Don Moore Community Centre, Corner North Rocks Rd & Farnell Ave, North Rocks|
|Monday 18 February, 6pm - 8pm||Constitution Hill Branch Library, Emma Crescent Shopping Centre, 20 Hollis Street, Constitution Hill|
|Tuesday 19 February, 5.30pm - 7.30pm||City of Parramatta Library, 1-3 Fitzwilliam Street, Parramatta|
How you can provide feedback
You can provide feedback on the suggestions in the Discussion Paper in the following ways:
- Submit a response on Council's online engagement portal (from Monday 21 January)
- Email the project team at: email@example.com with the subject line “Land Use Planning – Harmonisation Feedback (F2018/03007)”
- Write us a letter, addressed to: City of Parramatta Council, PO Box 32, Parramatta NSW 2124, ATTN: Land Use Planning Harmonisation (Ref: F2018/03007)
All submissions are to be received by 5:00pm Monday 4 March 2019.
All feedback received by Council will be considered and will help inform the preparation of a draft new consolidated LEP and DCP for the LGA.
Where to view the Discussion Paper
Copies of the Discussion Paper can be viewed at:
- Council libraries (see details of locations and opening hours)
- City of Parramatta Council’s Customer Contact Centre - Ground floor, 126 Church Street Parramatta (Mon – Fri 8.30am to 4.30pm)
- The Resources section on this page
You can call the Land Use Planning Harmonisation team on (02) 9806 5050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.