Retail Frontage Improvement Program
The Retail Frontage Improvement Program offers successful applicants a grant of up to 30% of the total costs of upgrade works, to the maximum dollar value of $20,000. This pilot program is about bringing new life to Parramatta’s architectural assets and streetscape that seeks to financially incentivise commercial property owners and tenants within the Parramatta LGA. Improving retail shopfronts not only creates active frontages and enhances the city’s vibrancy and presentation, but also supports the retail rebirth of Parramatta and its local centres.
Given the dramatic increase in residential development, transforming public spaces, the introduction of light rail and a rapidly growing population, the Retail Frontage Improvement Program is an essential building block in ensuring an improved retail experience in Parramatta.
Upgrade works include:
- painting of building facade, windows and awnings (colour to be in accordance with
- the Council’s prescribed palette)
- cleaning of building facade above awning
- rationalisation or removal of signage either through repainting or physical removal
- removal of redundant air conditioning units
- removal of roller shutters or security grilles
- recladding of an existing awning structure
- installation of a disabled access ramp.