CITY OF PARRAMATTA, REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS - 30/2019
Smart Parking System
Closing Date/Time: 29/11/2021 10:00 AM AEDT
Council resolution: Reject all proponents for the Smart Parking Project.
Further, that Council note that this program of works will be incorporated into full tender for Council’s parking meters and facilities.
Submissions Received From : (listed alphabetically)
- Becas Technology
- ECS Services Pty Ltd
- FAAC Australia Pty Ltd T/A HUB Parking Technology
- Parcsafe Pty Ltd
- Parking Sense Pty Ltd
- REINO INTERNATIONAL PTY LTD
- Sarb Management Group Pty Ltd
- TMA AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
- Watermelon Parking
ABOUT THE COUNCIL: The City of Parramatta (Council) is located 24 kilometres west of the Sydney CBD and provides a range of goods and services within a local government area (LGA) encompassing some 82 square kilometres and comprises a population of approximately 230,000 people from a range of diverse cultures, lifestyles and experiences
ABOUT THE TENDER:
Council is seeking to engage suitably qualified and experienced contractors to deliver an integrated parking system that improves the delivery of parking services within Parramatta CBD.
A Request for Proposals (RFP) is the procurement process as the type of system required is not fixed and Council would like to understand the various market-leading options available and the flexibility to use data to drive positive outcomes across the city through any medium that satisfactorily meets Council’s requirements.
All Proponents are to fulfil the concepts and demonstrate competencies within their Smart Parking System proposal that meet the requirements identified in Request for Proposal documentation. Please refer to Part 2 – Specification of the RFP for a full description of the services required.
The aim of the Smart Parking System is to:
- Assist the community to locate available parking, its cost and the maximum duration of stay permitted by leveraging emerging technologies to improve citizen experience
- Create the opportunity for fair and equitable access to paid parking spaces within the CBD
- Collect data around parking behaviour and efficiency in real time and develop insights to assist in maximising the utilisation of parking assets
- Improve the efficiency with integration / interfaces / usability of technology for Council
- Improve the ease of parking regulation for Council.
The successful solution may be implemented across Council’s on-street and off-street parking environments (totally approximately 3300 spaces), or part thereof, following a staged assessment, evaluation and trial process.
Council is therefore looking to engage with single contractor or a consortium for the implementation and management of the integrated parking system. All elements; on-street, and off-street (multi-level car parks) do not necessarily need to be a single contractor.
REGISTRATION: Tender documents may be obtained via TenderLink
ENQUIRIES: Enquiries should be directed to:-
- via the online forum (see TenderLink) or,
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that Council requires all enquiries for advice with regard to a specific tender to be submitted in writing.)
Please Note: The Tender Forum, both TenderLink & email@example.com closes 2 business days before the Tender closing date.
Completed responses can be submitted via the electronic tender box (see TenderLink) or in a sealed envelope and endorsed with the tender title, number, and closing date, and placed in the Tender Box located at City of Parramatta Council’s Customer Services Centre, Ground Floor, 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150 by 10.00am, Monday 29 November 2021.
CLOSING DATE AND TIME: Tenders close at 10.00am, Monday, 29 November 2021 and submissions must be fully received by this time. The lowest or any tender may not necessarily be accepted, and any action or contact that may be considered as an attempt to influence a decision of Councillors or Staff shall disqualify the relevant tender. Late, verbal or emailed submissions will not be accepted.