You will love our new space – we are moving!
We can’t wait for you to visit our new state-of-the-art Library, Customer Service and Visitor Information Centre at PHIVE, 5 Parramatta Square in Spring 2022.
Whilst we transition for the move, there are a few changes happening at Parramatta Library and the Heritage and Visitor Information Centre. See below for more information.
To stay up to date with Council news, events and activities, sign up to our monthly e-newsletter here.
Fitzwilliam Street, Parramatta
Parramatta Library will be adjusting its services as we get ready for an exciting move to our new space at PHIVE, 5 Parramatta Square.
From Monday 25 July, our Library will operate as a pop-up service, located on the ground floor of 1-3 Fitzwilliam Street. The pop-up will include the following services:
- Library books available through ‘click and collect’ service.
- A selection of our most popular books available to browse through.
- Book returns will continue to be available 24/7 through our after-hours return chute.
- Printing services and a small number of computers will continue to be available for public use.
From Monday 8 August, in addition to our pop-up Library service, our study spaces on Level 1 will reopen along with our popular Story Time sessions, computer access and Justice of Peace services.
City of Parramatta Libraries also have an app that you can download to search our catalogue and access digital resources such as eBooks, audiobooks, digital magazines and more.
Mon – Thurs: 9:30am - 6pm
Friday: 9:30am - 5pm
Saturday: 9:30am – 4pm
Sunday: 2pm – 5pm
- A selection of popular books and DVDs can also be browsed and borrowed on the ground floor. You can borrow up to 40 items and place holds (reservations) on up to 10 items on your library card via parra.city/search. Please bring your library card when your collect your items.
- To allow you to enjoy your loans, the due date on items will be extended. You can return your items to any City of Parramatta libraries.
- Public computers will be available for walk ins only for up to 30 minutes during the pop up but computers on level 1 are accessible from 8 August for up to 90 minutes.
- Photocopier, printer and scanning facilities are also available for use
- You can also print a document remotely and release the document in the library with a library card or a guest number or alternatively, you can save a document on an external drive and print it out direct from the library photocopier.
- Story time sessions will continue to be offered on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:30am commencing Wednesday 10 August on Level 1.
Heritage and Visitor Information Centre
346a Church Street, Parramatta
From Monday 25 July, our Local Studies Research Library (located within the Heritage and Visitor Information Centre) will be closed as we prepare for an exciting move to our new space within the Library at PHIVE, 5 Parramatta Square.
During this time you can continue to access the local studies research team via phone on 8839 3322, or online via the enquiry form on the Parramatta History and Heritage website.
From Friday 9 September, the Heritage and Visitor Information Centre will close permanently as we prepare to move to our wonderful new space at PHIVE, 5 Parramatta Square. While we get ready for the move, you can still access visitor information via https://atparramatta.com.