‘Park for Free in Parramatta’ extended until 30 June 2021(Back to top)
City of Parramatta and Transport for NSW (TfNSW) have extended the ‘Park for Free’ offer at Council’s City Centre and Eat Street car parks.
To support our community and local businesses, Council and Transport for NSW are offering free parking between 11am and 3am the next day, Monday to Saturday at Council's City Centre and Eat Street carparks.
How to get a free voucher
Just spend $20 or more at participating retailers (listed below) and ask for your free parking voucher.
Free parking times
Free parking is available from 11am on the date of purchase until 3am the next day, Monday to Saturday.
If you’ve entered the carpark before 11am, you’ll only pay for parking from the time of entry to 11am.
This offer is valid for free parking Monday to Saturday at Council’s City Centre and Eat Street car parks until 30 June 2021. Conditions apply.
NOTE: Four (4) hour’s free parking is available at all Council’s carparks on Sundays. A flat rate of $10 is charged if you stay for more than four hours.
Park for free participating businesses (Back to top)
New businesses are added daily, so check back regularly.
- 7-Eleven (Church Street)
- Aceben Loan Office
- Alex & Co
- Avis Printing
- Bay Vista
- Bondi Pizza
- Cash Stop Unsecured Loans
- Chemist Warehouse (both Church St locations)
- Coco Cubano
- Culture Kings
- Cure Dental
- Dallas Newsagency
- Dot's Flower Shoppe
- Drum Factory
- Este Ita's
- Gelato Messina
- Ginza Izakaya
- Golden Tree Thai Massage
- Goldstar Barbers
- Gong Cha + Hot Star
- Guitar Factory
- Hair by Phd
- Holy Basil
- Itihaas Indian Restaurant
- John Belvedere
- King of the Pack
- Kouzina Greco
- La Roue Café
- Laser Clinics Australia
- Lichaa Menswear and Formal Hire
- Little Greece
- Lone Star Rib House & Brews
- Mama & Papa's
- Meat and Wine Co.
- Milky Lane
- Money Plus
- Mr Cuppa Coffee House
- Mr Phillip's Coffee House
- Mulberry Tree Café
- Nazar Barber Shop
- Neelam Indian Restaurant
- Optus (Macquarie Street)
- Parra Ink
- Peter Wynn's Score
- Pharmacy 4 Less
- Pho Mai
- Restaurant 317
- Rio Bar and Grill
- San Churro
- Sicilian Restaurant
- Smart Dollar
- Subway (Church St location ONLY)
- Surplus City
- Sushi Mata
- Thai La Ong
- The Coffee Emporium (Church St)
- The Coffee Emporium (Phillip St)
- The Crown Hotel
- The Edge Sports Nutrition
- The Price is Right
- The Souvlucky Country
- Three Stacks
- Tran's Café and Eatery
- tsg Tobacco Station
- Underwood Jewellers
- Valore Cellars
- Vanilla Hair of Essence
- Vankea Supermarket
- Vision in White Bridal
- Volcano's Steakhouse
- Xpress Mart
Terms and conditions (Back to top)
Free Parking Terms and Conditions
2021 Parking Assistance Program
‘Park in Parramatta for free’ campaign February to 30 June 2021
City of Parramatta Council (Council) recognises the recent unprecedented challenges faced by local businesses within the Church Street precinct, caused by the cumulative impact of construction work from Transport for NSW’s Parramatta Light Rail project, other significant building projects occurring across the City of Parramatta CBD, and the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Council is committed to working with businesses across the City of Parramatta local government area to support them as much as possible, so they can maintain business continuity in the long term and contribute to the liveliness and vibrancy of our City by providing goods and services to our residents and visitors.
In an effort to help encourage customers to visit the CBD and shop at local businesses, Council is building on last year’s successful ‘Feast on Eat Street free parking’ campaign launching the 2021 Parking Assistance Program (Program) in January and now extending the program until 30 June 2021.
The Program offers customers who spend $20 or more (including GST) at participating businesses a voucher for free parking from 11am to 3am, Monday to Saturday. The offer is valid at Council-operated Eat Street and City Centre carparks until 30 June 2021 unless Council notifies a change to the Program.
Terms and conditions
The conditions of participation in the Program are as follows:
- From time to time, Council will provide businesses with free parking vouchers which they may then distribute to customers in accordance with these conditions.
- Any customer to whom a business provides a free parking voucher must have spent a minimum of $20 (including GST) within that business on a Monday to Saturday between the hours of 11:00am-3:00am. The business must ensure free parking vouchers are only issued to genuine customers.
- Free parking vouchers can be redeemed at the following Council-operated car parks:
- Eat Street Car Park – 1-7 Erby Place, Parramatta; and
- City Centre Car Park – Horwood Place, Parramatta.
- Any free parking voucher issued to a customer must be used by that customer on the same day as the purchase (to the value of $20 or more in one transaction) was made.
- A maximum of one voucher per customer per day may be issued by a business.
- Each of Council’s car parks operate with different ticketing systems. Accordingly, before issuing a customer with a free parking voucher, the business must confirm which car park the customer has parked at.
A free parking ticket for one car park, will not work in another car park. As such, Council will provide businesses with separate free parking vouchers for Eat Street Car Park and for City Centre Car Park.
- Customers who have not parked at the above Council-operated car parks will not be entitled to free parking vouchers.
- Free parking vouchers must only be issued to customers Monday to Saturday after 11am. All vouchers must be used to exit the car park before 3am the following morning.
- Free parking vouchers must only be made available to customers who meet the criteria set out in these conditions. Unauthorised persons (including staff) must not use any of the free parking vouchers.
- If Council considers that any business is not adhering to the terms and conditions of the Program (including issuing free parking vouchers to unauthorised persons), Council may at any time withdraw or cancel the Program, in whole or in part, and may cancel, invalidate or request the return of, any unused free parking vouchers at the time of cancellation.
- Any parking vouchers provided by Council will remain valid until 30 June 2021.
- Businesses participates in the Program at their own risk and businesses release and hold harmless Council for any damage, expense, loss, penalty or liability of any kind suffered as a consequence of or arising out of the Program.
- The Program shall end on 30 June 2021. However, Council reserves the right to unilaterally suspend, terminate or extend the Program at any time in its sole discretion.
- The number of free parking vouchers made available to businesses will be limited. Council will determine how many free parking vouchers will be made available to each business.
- By participating in the Program, businesses are deemed to have reviewed and accepted the terms and conditions contained in this document.