Home Care Packages
The Home Care Packages Program helps you live independently in your own home for as long as you can. City of Parramatta is an approved home care provider and can work with you to manage or provide support to meet your individual needs.
You may be eligible for a home care package if you are an older person who needs coordinated services to help you to stay in your home or a younger person living with disability.
There are no minimum age requirements or residency restrictions but home care packages are not intended for visitors to Australia or people requiring temporary or short-term care.
To find out if you are eligible for a home care package or any other help at home services, call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. The My Aged Care contact centre will ask you a series of questions to determine if you need an assessment by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
City of Parramatta provides some home care package services and can also help you find suitable providers to ensure you have the support you need. Services you can access under a home care package includes, but are not limited to:
- personal services: assistance with personal activities such as bathing, showering, toileting, dressing and undressing, mobility and communication
- nutrition, hydration, meal preparation and diet: assistance with preparing meals, including special diets for health, religious, cultural or other reasons; assistance with using eating utensils and assistance with feeding
- continence management: assistance in using continence aids and appliances such as disposable pads and absorbent aids, commode chairs, bedpans and urinals, catheter and urinary drainage appliances, and enemas
- mobility and dexterity: providing crutches, quadruped walkers, walking frames, walking sticks, mechanical devices for lifting, bed rails, slide sheets, sheepskins, tri-pillows, pressure-relieving mattresses and assistance with the use of these aids
- nursing, allied health and other clinical services: speech therapy, podiatry, occupational or physiotherapy services, hearing and vision services. Home care level 1 and 2 packages are not intended to provide comprehensive clinical or health services. Home care level 3 and 4 packages have a greater emphasis on delivering complex care in the home, including more clinical care where needed
- transport and personal assistance: assistance with shopping, visiting health practitioners and attending social activities
- management of skin integrity: assistance with bandages, dressings and skin emollients.
A home care package may also be used to support the use of:
- telehealth: video conferencing and digital technology (including remote monitoring) to increase access to timely and appropriate care
- assistive technology: such as aids and equipment (particularly those that assist a person to perform daily living tasks), as well as devices that assist mobility, communication and personal safety
- aids and equipment: some aids and equipment that are directly associated with your care needs can be purchased using funds from your package budget.