City of Parramatta Library offers a range of facilities for public hire with discounted rates for community and non profit organisations ranging from multipurpose rooms for larger functions to smaller meeting rooms.
Please note Study Rooms are not available at the City of Parramatta Library Branch, and food or drink other than bottled water is not permitted in the rooms.
Address: 1 - 3 Fitzwillian Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
Available: Monday to Friday: 9:30am - 7:30pm (9am by arrangement only as library usually opens at 9:30am)
Saturday: 9:30am - 3:30pm
Sunday: 2pm - 4:30pm
Public holidays: Closed
p: 02 9806 5159
Booking cancellation: All cancellations must be received in writing at least ten working days prior to the date of hiring the room. If less than ten working days notice is given 50% of the hiring fee will be charged.
Looking to seat up to 35 people seated in theatre style? The Darug Room may suit you.
Equipment: Digital TV with set top box, Blu-Ray/DVD/CD player, whiteboard, projector and motorised screen with HDMI & VGA inputs, PA with audio inputs (3.5mm stereo jack, left/right RCA & XLR microphone), background music system, 5 tables
Room dimensions: 9.2m x 5m
Hiring Rates: Category A (Commercial & Government): $67 inc GST per hour, Category B (Community & Non-Profit Organisation): $20 inc GST per hour
Food or drink, other than bottled water, is not permitted in this room.
Macquarie (Retro) Room
Macquarie Room is also a larger style room that can seat up to 35 people seated in theatre style.
Equipment: Whiteboard, projector and motorised screen with HDMI & VGA inputs, PA system with audio inputs (3.5mm stereo jack, left/right RCA & XLR microphone), background music system, Blu-Ray / DVD / CD player, 5 tables
Room dimensions: 12.3m x 3.5m
Rates: Category A (Commercial & Government): $67 inc GST per hour, Category B (Community & Non-Profit Organisation): $20 inc GST per hour
Technology Learning Centre
Through the Parramatta Technology Learning Centre, the library aims to provide access to technology training facilities to assist the community. You can book the Centre for up to 8 students with a facilitator and is suitable for community and commercial groups for technology training courses. The Centre is also used for public technology training sessions.
All training sessions will be advertised when they are available - check the Library Events Calendar for details.
Rates: Category A (Commercial & Government): $85 inc per hour, Category B (Community & Non-Profit Organisation): $37 inc GST per hour
Equipment: 9 PCs (8 student PCs, 1 for teacher /tutor), projector and motorised screen with HDMI & VGA inputs, PA system with audio inputs (3.5mm stereo jack, left/right RCA & XLR microphone), background music system, whiteboard
Software: Microsoft Office XP (Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word), Microsoft Office Publisher 2003, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Quick Time, Adobe Creative Suite Software (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash)
Printing: PCs are connected to a printer and charges apply
Toilet Facilities: No however toilet facilities are available outside the main floor of the library
All City of Parramatta Libraries have faxing, printing, photocopying and scanning facilities available at a charged. Discounts are available with a pink City of Parramatta Library card.
- The City of Parramatta Library will try to assist with software or hardware problems when possible. The Library however cannot guarantee that software or hardware will operate as expected, or that staff will be available to assist to correct problems or provide technical support
- Bookings can be made up to 3 months in advance.
- Minimum booking time is 1 hour
- Payment is required in advance for multiple or recurring bookings
- Community rates are available for Non Profit Organisations/Unincorporated bodies. Appropriate documentation to be provided eg Certificate of Incorporation
- Incorporate or commercial/government organisations cannot book rooms without providing proof of Public Liability Insurance
- Hirers must agree to the guidelines and conditions of use including the room set up in accordance with Council Fire regulations. Fire exits are to be kept clear at all times
- The hirer must include time for set up and pack up, including technology, within the hire period. Rooms cannot be entered before the booking time and must be vacated on time
- No kitchen facilities or access is available in the Library Meeting Rooms and Library Technology Learning Centre. Food and drinks (with the exception of bottled water) cannot be taken into the rooms
- The City Of Parramatta Council is not responsible for the loss or damage to any property belonging to the hirer or any person attending the function
- Storage facilities are not available with the meeting rooms
- All facilities must be left in a clean and tidy state at the completion of the booking. All furniture and equipment must be returned to its original location
- The hirer is responsible for the cost of any damage to Library facilities
- For further information refer to the Guidelines and Conditions of Use