What is recycling?
Recycling uses old products to make new ones! We can call this ‘closing the loop’, as these new products are then repurchased, recycled, and purchased again. This process saves precious natural resources and has a real environmental benefit.
City of Parramatta, in partnership with its waste and recycling contractor, Cleanaway, is embarking on an ambitious resident engagement and education strategy that aims to reduce contamination of the recyclables service and maximise recyclables recovered. There are a few simple things that you can do at home and at the office that will help to both reduce your environmental footprint and save you money as well.
Find out what happens with your recyclables.
Make a sustainable impact at home:
- avoid packaged food
- use reusable shopping bags
- buy quality goods that last
- compost your organic waste
- recycle all paper and cardboard
- buy only recyclable plastics
- dispose of chemicals safely. Call the Clean-Out Info Hotline on 1300 787 870
Make a sustainable impact at the office:
- print double-sided whenever possible and turn scrap paper into notebooks
- use recycled paper rather than non-recycled paper
- use emails or online publishing tools
- conduct regular waste audits to help improve the management of waste
- ask your supplier about different types of recycled content products available
- use recycling bins in the office and include them in locations where paper will be used, such as near the photocopiers and printers
- educate staff and cleaners on the importance of recycling