Please ensure that you select the abstract template that suits your content, and that your proposed content aligns with the purposes of the conference. We recommend you read through the presentations that have already been selected for the conference program to better understand what Council is seeking. Council is interested in programs and projects that have been or continue to be delivered, and that have proven to be effective - with evidence of positive outcomes in terms of enhanced capacity of people for civic action.
- Closing Date for Abstract Submissions - 9am (AEST), 10 September 2019
- The focus of presentations should be on proven effective strategies and programs that build the capacity of individuals and groups to be active in their communities, local through to global, and achieve positive, community-led change.
- The aim of all presentations is for attendees to learn from effective approaches undertaken, to further develop understanding and capacity to implement and improve programs across Australia and further afield.
- The conference program will be divided into three streams: First Nations, Social Investment/Social Enterprise and General. Workshops and presentations are to fall within ONE of these three streams.
- We particularly welcome submissions from practitioners, and also welcome submissions from academics with an interest in this field of work.
Conference Registration Requirements
Successful abstract presenters are required to register for the conference and fund all fees and costs associated with their conference registration and attendance. If you are unable manage these requirements, an abstract should not be submitted. Council is not seeking to profit from this event and is endeavouring to keep registration fees as affordable as possible, including a differentiated fee structure for government and non-government staff and early-bird discounts available.
All presenters are required to register for the conference within 7 days of their abstract being accepted for the Conference Program – you will receive an email notifying you of the review panel’s decision. You will then be invoiced by Council, and have 14 days to pay the invoice for your registration fees (a range of payment methods are available).
All abstracts must be submitted in MS Word (i.e. “.docx” document) using the relevant Abstract Template provided below as an attachment in an email to: email@example.com.
For any questions about submission of abstracts, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For abstract content and format requirements, please click on the following links for details: