Growing Social Enterprise in Parramatta
This category is designed to fund existing social enterprises that have demonstrated their ability to be sustainable and achieve high-impact on their social mission, and are seeking to grow and expand their operations. Applications must relate to:
- Funding specific projects designed to expand the reach of their business.
- Enabling existing successful social enterprises to re-locate to the Parramatta LGA.
Applications must be from an incorporated body or eligible social enterprise structure.
Social enterprises are defined as having the following characteristics:
- Social, environmental, cultural mission / objectives core to purpose and focus;
- Limited distributions of profits – the majority of profits are reinvested in the enterprise and/or an associated social entity;
- Generation of a social return in addition to a financial return, and commitment to demonstrating this;
- Can have a mixture of capital inputs – the enterprise is supported through a mixture of grant income/subsidised income and trading income, but must trade;
- Favour democratic decision-making structures and seek high levels of accountability to their stakeholders, rather than just to shareholders.
$75,000 is allocated to Growing Social Enterprise in Parramatta. The maximum funding available to any one project in this category is $25,000.
This program is open once a year. Projects must start after July 1. Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Complete their projects within twelve months of funding
- Submit two Progress Reports, after four and nine months respectively, during the funding period and a Final Acquittal Report upon project completion
- 4 month Progress Report due date 1 November
- 9 month Progress Report due date 1 April
- Final Acquittal Report due date 1 July (following year)
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
Click here to apply now.
You must have discussed your application with the Community Capacity Building Team within Council prior to submission.
For projects relating to social enterprise, contact Lucy Brotherton on (02) 9806 5792 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
General grant inquiries can be made to the Community Grants Officer at (02) 9806 5110 or email@example.com.