All applications to the Community Grants Program must meet the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria common to all of Council’s Community Grants are listed below. In addition to this, each grant category has category-specific eligibility criteria. Common eligibility criteria require that the organisation must:
- Be an incorporated not-for-profit organisation or can provide evidence of an auspice arrangement with an incorporated not-for-profit organisation;
- Be located within the boundaries of the Parramatta local government area and/or principally service Parramatta residents;
- Address City of Parramatta’s vision statement and at least one of the objectives in the nominated grant category;
- Project begins after the grant funding commencement date and does not require retrospective, recurrent or ongoing funding;
- Not have outstanding debts to Council;
- Not have overdue progress or acquittal reports for previously funded grants.
The City of Parramatta does not provide grants for:
- Activities and programs that duplicate existing services or repeat previously funded projects;
- Attendance at conferences or academic course fees, except within scholarship or fellowship programs;
- Religious ceremonies and/or activities in which the promotion of a single faith is the main purpose;
- Profit making activities where the profits are allocated to shareholders, owners and/or members;
- The establishment or attainment of fundraising objectives;
- Project proposals that are potentially defamatory or libellous or seek to intimidate, offend or harass members of the community.
Not sure which Community Grants Program you are eligible for? Take the Community Grants Eligibility Quiz!