Public art throughout Parramatta's streets, laneways and parks paints only a small picture of the diverse arts offering in the area. Whether you are interested in a matinee at Riverside Theatres, scoping out commissioned public art around town, dropping into the appointment gallery space at Parramatta Artists' Studios, checking out a contemporary or digital performance at Connect Studios, taking a self-guided heritage art trail walk or visiting the Female Orphan School and Margaret Whitlam Galleries, there is something to intrigue all visitors and locals alike.
Parramatta Artists' Studios
Exterior of Parramatta Artists' Studios featuring work by Tom Polo, Only like this for now, commissioned by Parramatta Artists' Studios. Photo by Jacquie Manning.
2019 Parramatta Studio Artists
Tully Arnot, Tom Blake, Dacchi Dang, Kalanjay Dhir, Rebecca Gallo, Del Lumanta, Anthony Macris, Nadia Odlum, Emily Parsons-Lord, Sarah Rodigari, Marilyn Schneider, Justine Youssef, Louise Zhang.
2019 Parramatta Studio Artists (L-R) Tully Arnot, Sarah Rodigari, Marilyn Schneider, Dacchi Dang, Nadia Odlum, Rebecca Gallo, Kalanjay Dhir and Anthony Macris. Photo by Jacquie Manning.
2019 Rydalmere Studio Artists
Liam Benson, Emma Fielden, Mehwish Iqbal, Ramesh Mario Nithiyendran, Tom Polo, Yasmin Smith.
2019 Rydalmere Studio Artists (L-R) Liam Benson, Mehwish Iqbal, Ramesh Mario Nithiyendran, Yasmin Smith, Tom Polo, Emma Fielden. Photo by Jacquie Manning.
|Sahra Salon||Thursday 25 July 2019||Register on Eventbrite|
|Tishani Doshi in conversation with Amrita Hepi||Tuesday 27 August 2019||Register on Eventbrite|
School Holiday Activities
We have some great activities available for all budding artists for a small cost. For cost, description and more information about the activities, please click on the Register on Eventbrite links.
|Making Fan Art||5 - 8 Years||Wed. 17 July 2019||Register on Eventbrite|
|Making Fan Art||9 - 12 Years||Wed. 17 July 2019||Register on Eventbrite|
|Dreamscape Collage||5 - 8 Years||Thurs. 18 July 2019||Register on Eventbrite|
|Dreamscape Collage||9 - 12 Years||Thurs. 18 July 2019||Register on Eventbrite|
Parramatta Artists' Studios is open for events, activities and by appointment only. Contact our team:
Phone: (02) 9806 5230
Address: Levels 1 and 2, 68 Macquarie St, Parramatta NSW 2150
Subscribe to our e-newsletters:
- PAS e-newsletter - for up-to-date information about events, workshops, PAS artist news and studio application rounds
- WEAVE Parramatta e-newsletter - a monthly workshop in traditional, contemporary and experimental practices in weaving, textile and fibre art
- School Holiday e-newsletter - for information on our school holiday workshops led by professional artists for ages 5 to 12 years
Follow us on social media:
- Parramatta Artists Studios on Facebook
- Parramatta Artists Studios on Vimeo
- Parramatta Artists Studios on Instagram
- Parramatta Artists Studios on Soundcloud
ACCESS and GETTING HERE
Parramatta Artists’ Studios is located on levels 1 and 2 at 68 Macquarie Street, Parramatta.
Enter via a ramp and automatic glass doors on the ground level and take the lift to levels 1 or 2.
If you have any questions about access, please call Parramatta Artists' Studios on 02 9806 5230
- The closest bus and train station is Parramatta Station, a 5 minute walk away.
Car and motorcycle
- There is limited on-street paid parking available.
- Paid parking is available nearby at the City Centre Car Park, 71 George Street, Parramatta (enter via Horwood Place).
- There are mobility car spaces on Macquarie Street, near Marsden Street.
- Paid mobility car spaces are available at the City Centre Car Park, 71 George Street, Parramatta (enter via Horwood Place).
Venue accessibility information
- The studios are accessible via a ramp and lift.
- There is an accessible toilet on the ground level, which requires a staff pass. The doors are not power assisted. Please speak to staff for assistance.
- Carers are welcome.
- Assistance animals are welcome and drinking water is available.
- Our premises are heated and air-conditioned.
- There is mixture of flicker free LED lights and fluorescent lighting in the studios and the building.
Parramatta Artists’ Studios is an initiative of the City of Parramatta and is supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW.