Online Rates Registration Competition Terms and Conditions
- All information on how to enter this draw forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this draw is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This draw is run by City of Parramatta Council (ABN 49 907 174 773) of 126 Church Street Parramatta NSW 2150 (Council).
- Council reserves the right at any time to disqualify any individual who Council reasonably believes has breached any of the terms and conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the draw.
- Council is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any fault in the equipment utilised in this draw which may result in error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alterations of entries.
- Council may cancel or vary the draw at any time. Council will not be responsible for any loss incurred by the entrant in relation to such cancellation or variation.
- To the extent permitted by the law, Council will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the draw or accepting or using any prize.
- By entering this draw, the entrant releases Council (including their agents and affiliates) from, and indemnify Council against all liability, loss, damage or injury arising from or in connection with this draw or prize.
How to Enter
- Entry is only open to people who register to receive their City of Parramatta Council rates notices electronically.
- Employees of City of Parramatta Council and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter this draw.
- Council reserves the right to verify the validity of the entries and to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Entries close at midnight (AEST) on Thursday, 10 October 2019 (Closing Date). No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- To enter the draw, eligible entrants must register to receive their Council rates notices electronically before the Closing Date. Any registrations after the Closing Date will not be eligible to enter the draw.
- The prize is an iPad Wi-Fi 32 GB valued at $520.30 (inclusive of GST) – Space Grey with 2-Year AppleCare.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included.
- Only one (1) prize will be awarded. The prize is not exchangeable, transferrable or redeemable for cash.
- In the event that the prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond Council’s control, Council reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
- The winner will be randomly selected by computer generated selection from the database of eligible entrants.
- The draw for the winner will take place at 12 noon (AEST) on 4 November 2019.
- Within two (2) business days of the draw, the winner will be notified by email as provided in the registration (Winner Notification) and will be invited to collect the prize from the City of Parramatta Council office at 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150. The winner’s details will be published on the City of Parramatta Council website following the prize draw.
- If the winner:
- cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the draw; or
- does not respond within five (5) business days of the Winner Notification; or
- does not collect the prize within twenty (20) business days of the Winner Notification (or any other period agreed by Council),
the prize will be forfeited and a redraw will take place. The redraw will be conducted under the same conditions of the original draw. Within two (2) business days of the redraw, the winner will be notified by email as provided in the registration. The winner’s details will be published on the City of Parramatta Council website.
Privacy Protection Notice
- Council is collecting the entrant’s personal information in order for the entrant to enter into the draw and for Council to award the prize to the winner of the draw. The intended recipient of the information is City of Parramatta Council. While the supply of this information is voluntary, the personal information provided will enable the entrant to enter into the draw. The personal information can be accessed by entrant and may also be available to third parties in accordance with City of Parramatta’s Access to Information Policy and Privacy Management Plan. The entrant may make an application for access or amendment to personal information held by Council. Council will consider any such application in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. Council is the agency that holds the personal information. Council may be contacted on (02) 9806 5000 or at 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150.