Cox Park Masterplan
The City of Parramatta has developed a masterplan for Cox Park in Carlingford. It sets out and prioritises future upgrades and provides an exciting new vision for Cox Park based on issues identified during consultation with the community and key stakholders. The masterplan aims to optimise the park through provision of a safe and accessible facilities for the enjoyment of the community whilst maximising recreational opportunities, and protecting important environmental and cultural values.
Key features of the masterplan include:
- new circuit path and fitness stations
- stormwater run-off swale
- relocated amenities building with integrated terraced seating
- regraded sportsfields
- new cricket nets for training
- relocated and upgraded playground
- 2 x passive picnic zones
- improved pedestrian links and access
- increased sports storage
- extended car park with increased capacity.
An implementation / action plan has been developed based on council’s priorities and community consultation feedback, including minor short term works (including high priorities) and major long term works.
Minor Works - Short Term
- Refurbishment of existing amenities building
- Regrade sportsfields
- New playground
- Improved access from car park
- Circuit path for walking/running
- Outdoor fitness stations
- Existing terraced seating to be improved
Major Works - Long Term
- Extend carpark to increase capacity
- New amenities building
- Increased terraced spectator seating
- Increased storage for sports users
- Passive picnic area adjacent to playground
Click here to download the full Cox Park Masterplan.