Dence Park Masterplan
The City of Parramatta is continuing to develop a Masterplan to improve the quality of Dence Park’s facilities and open space.
We understand how important Dence Park is to the Epping community and we want to make it even better.
The Masterplan will guide improvement of the whole park, including the Epping Aquatic Centre and Epping Creative Centre, so it better responds to your needs and the needs of the future community.
About Dence Park
Dence Park comprises around 5ha of land at Stanley Road, Epping. Located within a bushland setting, the site currently includes the Epping Aquatic Centre, Epping Creative Centre and a park area.
The Dence Park Masterplan is being developed in consultation with the community:
- In October and November 2018, we asked the community their ideas for a vision for Dence Park. A summary of the feedback is now available, Summary of Consultation Stage 1.
- Using the feedback we received last year, Council developed a draft direction for the Dence Park Masterplan. In January and February 2019, we asked the community to provide their feedback on this draft direction by completing a survey and speaking with the project team in person. Here’s what they told us:
- The most valued objectives for the Dence Park Masterplan are to improve the Epping Aquatic Centre’s facilities; improve accessibility and inclusion; and enhance the natural setting.
- Within the most valued objectives, potential upgrades that are prioritised highest are: full internal rebuild of the Aquatic Centre facilities and changing rooms; reconfiguring the existing parking layout to create more accessible parking options; and preserving the existing Sydney Turpentine-Ironbark Forest.
Proposed Masterplan layout
Using all feedback we’ve received so far, Council has developed a proposed layout for the Dence Park Masterplan. We have identified locations for upgrades to the Epping Creative Centre, Epping Aquatic Centre and surrounding green and open space.
View the proposed layout.
If you’d prefer to view the proposed layout in person, you can visit the project displays between now and Friday 5 July 2019, at:
- Epping Creative Centre, 26 Stanley Road, Epping
- Epping Aquatic Centre, 26 Stanley Road, Epping
Complete our survey
Let us know what you think about the proposed layout by completing a survey:
- Complete the survey online. The survey closes at 5pm Friday 5 July 2019.
- Visit one of the display locations listed above to complete a hard copy version of the survey.
All survey responses must be received before 5pm Friday 5 July 2019.
All feedback received will be used to develop a final draft of the Masterplan, which will be publicly exhibited later this year, and then provided to Council for their endorsement.
Meet the Project Team
You can speak to the project team on:
- Saturday 15 June 2019 from 10am - 12pm at Epping Aquatic Centre, 26 Stanley Road, Epping
The Dence Park Masterplan process is expected to be completed by the end of the year. This includes seeking input from the community and reflecting these in the design process where feasible.
We envisage that the improvements outlined in the endorsed Masterplan will be delivered over a 10-15 year period.
For further queries or comments in relation to the Dence Park Master Plan, please contact: email@example.com