State Government Programs
There are a range of programs run by the State Government to provide businesses in New South Wales with practical and financial assistance to implement environmentally sustainable work practices and achieve greater resource efficiency.
Bin Trim Waste Assessments
NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA)'s Bin Trim Business program offers small to medium businesses free waste assessments. These assessments include tailored actions plans with:
- a breakdown of current business waste streams and cost
- cost benefit analysis to implement new waste reduction strategies including potential savings, payback periods, and costs of purchasing new equipment
Participating businesses are also eligible to apply for a financial rebate for equipment purchase.
For more information or to receive a free waste assessment for your business call 9806 8291.
NSW Office of Environment and Heritage's Sustainability Advantage program helps organisations across NSW achieve increased competitiveness and improved bottom lines through better environmental practices.
The program assists businesses identify and implement projects in practical areas such as:
- resource efficiency (energy, water, waste and raw materials)
- supply chain management
- staff engagement
- carbon footprint management.
Sustainability Advantage is open to organisations from not-for-profits, government and medium-to-large business sectors. It attracts participants from many industries, including manufacturing, commercial property, registered clubs, health, aged care, transport and education. Find out more.
Energy Saver program
NSW Office of Environment and Heritage's Energy Saver program helps businesses increase energy efficiency so they can lower operating cost, improve productivity and reduce energy consumption. The program offers businesses:
- energy audits
- subsidised training programs
- access to tools and resources
- technical expertise and financial support to implement energy projects.
Find out more about the Energy Saver Program.