Boronia Park building amenities upgrade
2019/20 Boronia Park Building Amenities Upgrade - Bridge Street, Epping
City of Parramatta Council is undertaking a Review of Environmental Factors for the proposed upgrade of the existing sports pavilion building at Boronia Park, Epping.
What is happening?
City of Parramatta Council proposes to upgrade the sports pavilion building and associated landscape works at Boronia Park Epping. The project involves:
- Demolition of the existing sports pavilion building, storage shed and associated surrounds;
- Construction of a new sports pavilion building including:
- Change rooms and associated amenities,
- A meeting room,
- Sports club storage,
- A kiosk,
- Public toilets,
- Council storage areas,
- Staff facilities for Council’s permanent onsite grounds person. Following completion of the new grounds person facilities, the existing Council storage building near the Kent Street vehicle access gate will be demolished.
- Use of natural materials (e.g. timber and brick) to ensure the building is appropriate for the bushland character of the park.
- Upgrade to existing path network to suit the new building and provide equal access from Kent Street to the new building and sports field,
- Extension of the existing terrace seating to suit new works,
- Associated landscape works including tree and garden bed planting.
These works have been proposed under standard asset renewal programs to ensure Council provides high quality facilities which will serve the needs of the community now and into the future.
When is this happening?
The proposed works, once approved will take 6-8 months to be implemented. Works are expected to commence in early 2021.
What is a Review of Environmental Factors?
A Review of Environmental Factors (REF) is an environmental assessment undertaken to determine the impact of a proposed activity on the environment for works undertaken by Council that do not require development consent.
The REF examines the significance of any likely impacts on the surrounding environment and community, such as noise and heritage, and includes mitigation measures to be implemented to reduce any identified adverse impacts.
View the Boronia Park Sports Pavilion REF (31 MB, PDF)
The REF was placed on public exhibition from Friday 28th August to Friday 11th September 2020. The period for comment has now closed.
Get in touch
If you have questions relating to this project you can call our Senior Open Space and Natural Resources Officer on 1300 617 058 or firstname.lastname@example.org