The City of Parramatta developed a masterplan for Cox Park in Carlingford, which was adopted by Council on 12 April 2017.
It sets out and prioritises future upgrades and provides an exciting new vision for Cox Park based on issues identified during consultation with the community and key stakeholders.
The masterplan aims to optimise the park through provision of a safe and accessible facilities for the enjoyment of the community whilst maximising recreational opportunities, and protecting important environmental and cultural values.
Key features(Back to top)
The masterplan includes:
- new circuit path and fitness stations
- stormwater run-off swale
- relocated amenities building with integrated terraced seating
- regraded sportsfields
- new cricket nets for training
- relocated and upgraded playground
- 2 x passive picnic zones
- improved pedestrian links and access
- increased sports storage
- extended car park with increased capacity
Project timeline(Back to top)
An implementation/action plan was developed based on council’s priorities and community consultation feedback, including minor short term works (including high priorities) and major long term works.
Minor works – short-term
- refurbish existing amenities building
- regrade sportsfields
- new playground
- improve access from car park
- circuit path for walking/running
- outdoor fitness stations
- existing terraced seating to be improved
Major works – long-term
- Eextend carpark to increase capacity
- new amenities building
- increase terraced spectator seating
- increase storage for sports users
- passive picnic area adjacent to playground