ClubGRANTS is one of Australia’s largest grant programs, providing more than $100 million in cash each year to a variety of worth causes across NSW. ClubGRANTS are available within the Parramatta LGA up to the value of $10,000 per application. The Parramatta ClubGRANTS program is sponsored by local clubs and administered by City of Parramatta Council.
Charities, sporting organisations and not-for-profit community groups are among tens-of-thousands of worthy causes funded through the state-wide program each year.
The following clubs in the Local Government Area will be participating in this year’s Category 1 round:
- Club Parramatta
- Parramatta Leagues Club
- The Epping Club
- Toongabbie Sports & Bowling Club
- Vikings Sports Club
With the funds received, the Parramatta ClubGRANTS Local Committee aims to cover services and projects including Community Welfare and Social Services, Community Development, Community Health Services and Employment Assistance activities. The Committee has a set range of funding amounts - $500 to a maximum of $10,000 per project application. ClubGRANTS does not fund projects or services that can be readily assisted by an existing Government funding program.
Local needs and priorities for 2024(Back to top)
- Reduce social isolation and develop connectedness between communities and individuals.
- Provide opportunities for the following groups to develop activities for their communities or to participate more fully in broader community activities including sport and leisure activities; events; employment and training opportunities:
- people with disabilities
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- disengaged young people
- people of diverse genders and/or sexuality (LGBTQI)
- homeless people
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- people over 55 years of age, particularly those living alone
- Support the development and operations of community groups and organisations, particularly those that service new and emerging communities.
- Support emergency services that help to keep people in their homes (eg food supplies, school support, and utility bill payments).
- Support families and the positive social, emotional and educational development of children.
- Improve safety for families and communities including the prevention of domestic and family violence.
- Fund the development or growth of social enterprises that provide employment and training opportunities for people with barriers to employment.
- Build leadership skills or other capacity for community groups and individuals.
- Support the delivery of budgeting support services.
- Improve positive mental health outcomes to individuals and communities.
- Promote the use of green space within local neighbourhoods.
- Support local Arts and Culture organisations.
- Reduce the digital divide, facilitating access to technology and provision of internet services to improve educational outcomes for school-aged children.
- Promote environmental sustainability in the local area.
- Respond to an increased need for basic crisis support for individuals and families, not able to be met by existing funded projects.
NOTE: As a general rule. ClubGRANTS does not fund projects or services that can be readily assisted by an existing Government funding program.
How to apply(Back to top)
Applying for ClubGRANTS funding is quick and easy. To be eligible to apply, you must be a not-for-profit organisation within the Parramatta LGA and provide the following project and/or services:
- community welfare or social services
- community development
- community health services or employment assistance activities
You are also eligible if you or your organisation is involved in community or professional sport.