About Milson Park(Back to top)
Milson Park (6.9 hectares) is located in Westmead, behind the Westmead Private Hospital.
The park is surrounded by high density housing.
Finlayson Creek runs through Milson Park and connects to Toongabbie Creek in the northern section of the park. Both creeks are highly polluted due to the highly urbanised surrounding environment.
Westmead Health and Educational Precinct(Back to top)
The Greater Sydney Commission identified the transformation of the Westmead Health and Educational Precinct as one of the key economic drivers for Western Sydney.
The projected growth and density surrounding Milson Park makes it a highly valuable recreational community space.
Council is partnering with Sydney Water to implement the Milson Park masterplan to:
- improve waterway and catchment health
- create opportunities for the community to enjoy nature
- improve pedestrian and cycleway connection to Parramatta Park and the Parramatta CBD
- provide a diverse range of recreational activities
- improve park security and safety
(Map courtesy of Sydney Water)
Features and stages(Back to top)
Implementation of the masterplan will occur across two stages.
- construction of natural stormwater treatment systems such as wetlands
- connections to ecological areas and increase habitat diversity
- improved pedestrian and cycle connections
Stage 2 is subject to Council funding:
- improved recreational activities (picnic areas, fitness stations, BBQ areas)
- community garden
Get in touch(Back to top)
If you have any questions you can get in touch with Sydney Waters' Community Relations team on (02) 8203 6299 / 1800 266 3246 / firstname.lastname@example.org