Parramatta will soon have a new hotspot to cool down or work up a sweat with the City’s $88.6 million swimming, fitness and wellness hub Parramatta Aquatic Centre set to open its doors to the community on Monday 25 September at 2pm.
Located within Parramatta Park on the doorstep of the CBD, the Parramatta Aquatic Centre (PAC) will be a year-round destination for the whole community to enjoy.
City of Parramatta Lord Mayor Cr Sameer Pandey said PAC is not just a pool but a place for the whole community to exercise, unwind and relax.
“Parramatta Aquatic Centre is a world-class community facility and will be the premier destination for locals to swim, train, rest and recover,” Cr Pandey said.
“As the weather warms up, you’ll be able to cool down in the pool, work out in the gym, relax in the spa, steam and sauna or simply enjoy a coffee in the café.”
Learn to Swim classes will commence from Monday 9th October with classes offered year-round, catering for people of all ages and abilities.
“Our new aquatic centre will be a place where local kids learn to swim their first lap and potentially a training ground for our next Olympians. With such a diverse and multicultural community, we want to ensure everyone – no matter how big or small – can learn to swim,” Cr Pandey said.
“With a kid’s pool and dedicated learn-to-swim indoor pool, we can offer classes for babies right up to adult learners and cater to people of all abilities.”
PAC is home to the City of Parramatta’s first all abilities pool with ramps to enter the 50m and 25m pool and a level, beach-style entry into the water ‘splash and play’ zone. There are accessible change rooms as well as lifts and ramps to all indoor and outdoor areas.
“Parramatta has waited patiently for this moment to arrive and the wait will definitely be worth it as the new Parramatta Aquatic Centre is so much more than just a place to swim," Member for Parramatta Donna Davis said.
“The Parramatta Aquatic Centre is an incredible fitness and relaxation centre for the entire community, whether you are just learning to swim, wanting a regular workout or looking for a local summer spot to cool off – the Parramatta Aquatic Centre has it all.“
Foundation Memberships for the Parramatta Aquatic Centre are selling fast. Memberships will provide access to all facilities, including the pool, gym, spa, steam and sauna facilities and group fitness classes. Other benefits include two hours free parking, locker access and a creche.
There are more than 140 jobs across swim, gym and operational roles at PAC, with recruitment ongoing for some casual positions.
The $88.6 million project is being co-funded by Council and the NSW Government, which is investing $38.5 million from the Restart NSW Fund.
For more information, visit www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/the-pac
The new Parramatta Aquatic Centre covers 40,000 square metres and includes:
- 50m, 10-lane Olympic-sized heated outdoor pool with covered spectator seating
- 25m, 8-lane heated indoor recreational pool for lap swimming, squads and aqua fitness classes
- Dedicated learn-to-swim indoor pool
- Indoor splash play area
- Spa, sauna and steam room facilities
- Fitness centre, featuring state-of-the-art cardio and resistance training equipment, and multiple group fitness rooms catering for yoga, Pilates, Zumba and cross training
- Café with casual seating that will serve indoor and outdoor spaces
- Creche operated by trained childcare professionals
- Separate family-friendly change rooms and amenities for indoor and outdoor activities
- Open park-like outdoor space for families to meet, gather and relax
- Venue hire for birthday parties featuring a separate birthday room