In response to the NSW Government's staged easing of COVID 19 restrictions, from Monday 11 October 2021 Epping Aquatic Centre will adhere to the following restrictions:
All visitors must comply with the NSW Health Order which includes:
- Provide proof of full COVID 19 vaccination status
- Scan NSW Services QR Code
- Wear a face mask whilst indoors
- Apply 1 person per 4 square metre rule indoors and 1 person per 2 square metre rule outdoors.
Please read the EAC Recreation & Lap Swimming Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Proof of COVID Vaccination & Exemption information prior to attending the centre.
City of Parramatta Council will be opening Epping Aquatic Centre under limited service arrangements on Monday 27 September, in line with the NSW Government’s easing of COVID-19 restrictions.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back, but ask that you acquaint yourself with the below arrangements.
Opening hours have been adjusted into two sessions.
Monday to Friday
Session 1: 6:00am – 1:00pm
Session 2: 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
Session 1: 7:00am – 1:00pm
Session 2: 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Council reserves the right to make changes to opening hours as operational needs or staffing levels require it.z
Council is currently in discussions with the NSW Department of Education for the safe reopening of Macarthur Girls High School Pool in Parramatta. At this time, Macarthur Girls High School Pool will remain closed.
- All patrons aged 16 years and over attending the centre must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a requirement under the NSW Public Health Order.
- Staff will be checking vaccination status of all patrons 16 years and over upon entering the centre. Accepted COVID-19 Vaccination evidence must be on a mobile device using the Medicare Plus APP or official print out of Australian Vaccination Health Transcript or Services Australia My Health Record. Patrons that have a Medical Exemption will need to arrange a medical contraindication; please refer to the "Acceptable Proof of COVID Vaccination Exemption" document.
- Please use the Services NSW APP to check into the centre using the displayed QR codes. The "GREEN TICK" on the Service NSW APP will be checked by the COVID Marshall prior to entering the centre.
- A maximum of 190 people will be able to attend the centre at any one time. Lance space will be allocated by lifeguards according to swimmer ability, mobility and recreation swimmer requirements.
- A fully vaccinated parent or responsible adult over 18 years or older from the same household must remain onsite at the centre for the duration of the swimming time for children 15 years or younger.
- In those situations, the accompanying adult is encouraged to be utilising the swimming pool, however, a maximum of15 spectators will be permitted into the centre at any one time. Spectators must remain seated in the grandstand and maintain physical distancing of 1.5m from other spectators.
- No cash accepted onsite; entry and any other items purchased must be done so through card with a preference for "Tap & Pay".
- Normal entry fee and charges apply.
- "Recreation and Lap Swimming Sessions" now AM and PM (you will be asked to leave the water 15 minutes prior to the end of the session, please pack up and exit the centre once asked).
- Masks to be worn at all times in indoor areas of the centre.
- No back to back stays are permitted, you must vacate the centre prior to the end of your session; this enables more of the community to enjoy the facilities and our team to complete a deep clean.
- Customers must exit the pool and facility when instructed by staff. Failure to allow timelines and staff direction may result in permanent removal from the pool.
- No early entry to centre permitted.
- Please social distance whilst queueing to enter the centre
- No public access to the changing room area. Please come ready to swim. Toilets will be available but the showers will remain closed at this stage.
- 50m pool will be the only pool available.
- Social distancing of 4sqm per person applies in indoor areas and 2sqm per person outdoors
- Please do not attend the centre if you have a cough or cold or fly symptoms
- Please do not attend the centre if you have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in 14 days prior to visiting the centre.
- Please use hand sanitiser stations provided on entry and exit to centre.
- Please make your way to pool deck via designated stairs and exit the pool deck via the alternative stairs
- Deep cleaning and sanitation will occur in the middle of the day and after the last session of each block
Water safety program(Back to top)
Multicultural community beach and ocean safety program
Surf Life Saving NSW are running 'Day at the beach' community sessions.
The sessions run for about 45 minutes and can be delivered face to face or online via Zoom.
These sessions are available in: