alert City of Parramatta will soon no longer support this version of IE. Consider upgrading your browser now. Link


Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

Before you call or email our Customer Care Centre, check the frequently asked questions (FAQs) below for answers to our most popular questions.

Council Meetings Livestream (Back to top)

Council Meetings Livestream

City of Parramatta Council offers a live streaming webcast of Council Meetings, if you are unable to attend in person, in an effort to give you greater access to Council decisions and debates while eliminating geographic barriers.

Please note, while we will endeavour to provide up-to-date information, the following webcast troubleshooting FAQs below have been prepared to assist for general informational purposes only and should be used as a guide, as we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of information as it changes.

Watch the Council Meeting Livestream

Submissions (Back to top)


Rates (Back to top)


Waste and recycling (Back to top)

Waste and recycling

Development applications (Back to top)

Development applications

Animals (Back to top)


Services (Back to top)


Parking and transport (Back to top)

Parking and transport
  • Please find another parking meter to obtain a parking ticket or you will be fined for parking without a valid parking ticket.

  • You can if you live in the parking permit area.

    To apply for a residential or visitor permit, you'll need the following details for eligible drivers and vehicles that will be using the permit:

    • current NSW driver's licence. If you have an overseas driver's licence, you will need to bring a photo ID and two utility bills (instead of a single utility bill) 
    • current NSW vehicle registration. If you have a company vehicle you'll need written permission on company letterhead to use the vehicle
    • one of the following documents:
      • recent utility bill
      • rental lease agreement
      • bank statements
      • phone bills/lease agreements
      • Pensioner or student concession card if applying for a concessional rate
    View Resident Parking Permit information
  • Parramatta CBD is easily accessible by train, bus and Rivercat ferry.

    The Parramatta transport interchange provides a gateway to Western Sydney by linking rail services with the Western Sydney Transitway Network, local buses and other transport services.

    Commuters and visitors can also travel around the city centre on the free shuttle bus or on foot.

    Parramatta has two car share locations to help those who need a car occasionally but do most of their travel by public transport.

Mobile food/drink vendor (MFV) (Back to top)

Mobile food/drink vendor (MFV)
  • Yes, if you intend to trade in the City of Parramatta LGA.

  • Yes, and at the minimum annually, if the vehicle is normally garaged within City of Parramatta LGA or only trades in City of Parramatta LGA.

    However, City of Parramatta officers may also inspect the MFV if a complaint is received or if there is any other reason to believe that a food safety breach is occurring.

  • No, provided that the conditions of Subdivision 27A of SEPP (Exempt & Complying Development Codes) are met, for example:

    2.54B Development standards

    The standards specified for that development are that the development must:

    (a) have the consent of the owner of the land on which the development is carried out or, if a council or public authority has the control and management of the land, the consent, in writing, of the council or public authority, and
    (b) not restrict any vehicular or pedestrian access to or from the land or entry to any building on the land, and
    (c) not obstruct the operation of, or access to, any utility services on the land or on adjacent land, and
    (d) not be located within the canopy of, or result in damage to, any tree growing on the land or on adjacent land, and
    (e) not result in any damage to public property on the land or on adjacent land, and
    (f) if carried out on land within or immediately adjacent to a residential zone—only be carried out between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on any day, and
    (g) if located on a public place—have any approval required under section 68 of the Local Government Act 1993, and
    (h) if located on private land—be limited to 1 development on that land and not contravene any conditions of a development consent for any other use carried out on the land.

    Note: A registrable vehicle within the meaning of the Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2017, or a cart, bicycle cart or the like must operate in accordance with the Guidelines for mobile food vending vehicles (NSW/FA/F1055/1302) published by the NSW Food Authority in February 2013, and any requirements of the Food Act 2003.

  • Anywhere that the landowner on which you intend to operate provides consent for this to occur, e.g. private landowners or Council/Public authority if it is public land (e.g. park, reserve, car park, roadway, etc).

    Written consent is required from the relevant authority for public lands (Section 68 approval under the Local Government Act, if it is City of Parramatta property).

  • Whatever conditions the landowner stipulates in their consent to operate and any general road/parking rules that may apply for the particular location.

    Also the Food Safety Standards, Food Act and Regulation and the NSW Food Authority Guidelines for Mobile Food Vehicles are all applicable.

Upcoming events