Rates, Fees and Charges
Late rates payments and payment arrangements due to COVID-19
We recognise that the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic will cause financial hardship for members of the community. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please submit a payment arrangement or rates deferral request or contact the Rates Department 9806 5426.
Rates are used to provide essential infrastructure and services. If you own a home or business property you will pay rates to Council, unless your property (a church, school or hospital, for example) is exempt from rates. These rates are determined in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1993.
Fees and charges are incurred for all chargeable services, requests, applications, approvals, licences, hire bookings and memberships. Fees and charges are determined by Council each year and contribute towards helping us provide essential services and facilities for the City of Parramatta.
Your rates contribute to the building of new facilities, improving infrastructure and protecting the environment in the City of Parramatta through:
- waste collection, recycling and street cleaning
- local roads, guttering, signage and drainage maintenance
- cycleways, pools, golf and tennis courts
- 269 parks, playgrounds, gardens, 32 sports fields and 52 nature reserves
- 6 libraries, childcare centres, range of community services for the elderly and youth, and neighbourhood safety projects
- community festivals, arts and cultural assistance, Parramatta Riverside Theatres, heritage and visitor information centres
- town planning, landscaping, development applications, building inspections and construction certificates.
How to pay your rates
- in person at City of Parramatta, 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
- via post to City of Parramatta PO Box 32 Parramatta NSW 2124 with a cheque
- at Australia Post with cash or cheque
- Direct Debit: phone 02 9806 5441
- BPAY: Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express (Amex), or cheque using Biller Code 5710 and use the Ref No on your rates notice
- POSTbillpay using Biller Code 0577 and use the Ref No on your rates notice
- Centrelink Centrepay
- IVR phone service: phone 02 9770 3415 with Mastercard, Visa, or American Express card.
City of Parramatta office is open Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
Take your rates notice to any Australia Post outlet. Payment can be made by cash or cheque, or EFTPOS.
Call 02 9770 3415, this is an IVR service where you respond to the prompts with:
Customer Reference Number (This must be eight characters, add a zero in the front if less than 8 characters)
Credit Card Number, Expiry Date, and CVV Number (last 3 digits on the back for Visa and Mastercard) or Amex CID (4 digits on front of the card)
Amount you wish to pay
Please record the receipt number issued.
A separate application form is required for each rate account you wish to pay by direct debit.
Contact your participating financial institution to make this payment from cheque, savings or credit card account. Visa or MasterCard are the only credit cards accepted.
Biller Code: 5710
Reference: as per your rates notice
Payment by post
Make your cheque payable to City of Parramatta Council and cross it 'Not Negotiable'. Mail your payment to:
City of Parramatta Council
PO Box 32
Parramatta NSW 2124
Please do not staple cheque to payment slip. For your information, make sure you record the payment details, date of payment, cheque number and the amount paid on the reverse side of your rate notice.
You can now make payments directly through Council's Online Services, fast and secure. To pay rates through this website follow Make Any Payment link.
Biller Code: 0577
Reference: as per your rates notice
To pay your rates directly from your Centrelink account please visit Centrelink.
MyPost Digital Mailbox
MyPost Digital Mailbox is no longer available. Please register for BPAY view via your internet banking instead.
Fees and Charges
Fees and charges are determined by local councils annually. You can download the Schedule of Fees and Charges 2020-2021 as a PDF document.
- Pensioner Concession Rates Rebate Application
- Rating Information Application
- Direct Debit Form
- Change of Name and Address Form
- Application for Postponement of Payment for Rates
- Application for Exemption from Rates and Charges
- Application for Rates Deferral or Alternative Payment Arrangement
- Rates Refund Form