City of Parramatta purchases goods and services to provide roads, footpaths, recreational and community facilities, parks, trees and more. We review a number of factors including:
- quality and performance
- value for money
- community expectations and values
- opportunities for local employment growth
- environmental sustainability.
Our aim is to demonstrate accountability to rate payers, provide guidance on ethical behaviour in public sector purchasing and support local businesses.
The Local Government Act 1993 and the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 governs how we purchase good and services and our Procurement Policy sets out our legal obligations and guidelines for all procurement activities.
Quotations are sought when there is no existing contract and are based on City of Parramatta’s thresholds limits (including GST):
- purchases between $500 to $49,999.99 - minimum of 2 verbal or written quotations
- purchases between $50,000 - $249,999.99 - minimum of 3 written quotations
- goods and services equal to or above $250,000 or multiple purchases from the same supplier over any two year period - must go to tender.
Tenders and Contracts
By law, public tender is required for the purchase of all goods, services and works for where the estimated expenditure exceeds $250,000. All Tenders are advertised via Tenderlink.
Invoicing and Payments
Suppliers should quote a purchase order or contract number on invoices submitted or payment may be delayed. A purchase order number can be obtained from the City of Parramatta Officer requesting the goods or services.
Suppliers can email their tax invoice to email@example.com for payment and must must include:
- GST price and GST amount
- ‘Tax Invoice’ written on the page
- date of issue
- item description
- purchase order number or contract number
- name of City of Parramatta employee or contact for services or goods
Standard payment terms for accounts are no later than 28 days after receipt of a tax invoice. Preferred method of payment is electronic funds transfer completed on a weekly basis.
Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
See the Purchase Order Standard Terms and Conditions page.