Pre-lodgement meetings are available if you intend to lodge a Development Application (DA) and want feedback on initial design concepts and technical requirements from the City.
We'll provide formal feedback, identify key issues and our guidance where possible. The meetings are not intended to investigate every detail covered in the formal development assessment process or pre-empt the outcome of your DA.
Tuesday afternoons: Dual occupancies, single dwellings and granny flats.
Wednesday afternoons: Complex sites, flooding, heritage, residential flat buildings, townhouses, mixes use developments and significant sites.
Design Excellence Advisory Panel meetings are held twice a month on Thursdays.
Held at City of Parramatta at 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2124.
We recommend you thoroughly research your proposal and provide in depth details including:
- site plan with floor plans and elevations for all proposed buildings
- photographs of the site and surrounding area
- non-compliances/variations from Council's planning controls and development standards and any justifications for these variations
- design issues that need to be discussed
- details of any likely issues such as: increase in traffic, storm water, noise, infrastructure needs, environmental impact
- any other information you feel the City of Parramatta needs to assess your application.
Design Excellence Advisory Panel
Recommended for all larger scale residential and commercial developments where the State Environmental Planning Policy No 65 - Design Quality of Residential Apartment Development known as (SEPP 65) applies. This includes:
- residential flat buildings
- shop top housing
- mixed use developments with a residential component
- if the building is 3 or more storeys and 4 or more dwellings.
The panel will evaluate your application and provide feedback and recommendations. In order to get the most out of your meeting you will need the provide the following information:
Site and context analysis
A site and context analysis examines and records the existing characteristics of the site and its surroundings, providing context for the proposal, while identifying the opportunities and constraints for the site.
The context analysis can be separate and larger scaled (1:500) plan which shows adjoining sites and their zonings, building footprints, road patterns and open space.
A site analysis should be prepared using a survey as a base.
Five legible copies, no bigger than A3 size should include:
- site dimensions and area
- existing structures
- landscape features, steep slopes and existing vegetation on or near the site including trees to be retained or removed
- all adjoining properties, buildings and window opening locations
- bar scale with text note, north point
- important views to and from the site
- contours and wind direction
- soils and areas of site contamination
- opportunities and constraints for development.
Three copies of:
- SEPP 65 verification statement by a registered architect (including registration number)
- Draft Statement of Environmental Effects, which identifies:
- use permissibility
- zone objectives permissibility
- justification for the preferred option
- compliance with LEP/DCP controls.
Three legible copies no bigger than A3 size with each drawing noting the registered architect and the registration number, showing:
- 3D representation - sketches are adequate
- site photos to describe context and the site
- streetscape sketches showing a minimum of 2 buildings either side
- relevant plans, sections and elevation (all apartments and balconies to show furniture layout).
- basement level structures
- setbacks & soft soil zone areas
- cut & fill and finished floor areas
- access & parking arrangements
- stormwater concept diagram (including roof water dispersal)
- bar scale and north point
- materials and finishes - in colour.
Your meeting can't be scheduled without all of the information above sent with your meeting request.
Fees are payable at lodgement or on the day of the meeting. You'll need to present a copy of the receipt at the meeting.
|Proposed development||Fee (inc GST)|
|Dwelling house, granny flats, change of use (for retail, commercial and industrial uses)
|Dual occupancies (duplex), townhouse developments (less than 4 dwellings)||$760.50|
|Townhouse developments (4 or more dwellings), new commercial and industrial developments, new child care centres and new places of public worship.||$1,520.90|
|Residential flat buildings - please contact the Team Leader Development Advice for a fee based on the number of dwellings and/or location||From $1,520.90|
|All major developments within the City Centre under LEP 2007||$3,417.60|
|Additional meetings||$25% of original fee paid|
|Pre-lodgement Design Excellent Advisory Review Panel Meetings||$1,608.00|
Arrange your meeting
Download the pre-lodgement application form below or pick it up from our Development Counter at 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2124.
Submit your application with all of the required documentation:
- In person at City of Parramatta, 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
- via post to PO Box 32, Parramatta NSW 2124.