alert City of Parramatta will soon no longer support this version of IE. Consider upgrading your browser now. Link

Business Services

Temporary Food Outlet Registration

Temporary Food Outlet Registration

(Back to top)


  • Application Fee (Per event) = $50.00
  • Inspection Fee (does not cover Sydney Royal Easter Show) = $120.00
  • Annual Financial Year Fee (Application & all inspections for that financial year) $270.00
  • Late Fee (For applications received within 10 business days of an event) = $50.00

Processing times

City of Parramatta Council’s service levels and registration processing times may be impacted due to high volumes of registration form.

There is a $50.00 application fee and an inspection fee. You may also apply for a yearly financial year permit that is valid for the financial year. Registration forms must be lodged at least 10 business days prior to your event to ensure the stall is registered.

There is a late registration fee of $50.00 should an application be received within 10 business days of an event. All stalls must have a valid City of Parramatta Council licence number. Any unregistered food stalls that are found to be trading without a valid City of Parramatta Council licence number may incur a fine.

What you need to do

(Back to top)
  1. Complete the temporary food stall application

Your registration must be completed at least 10 business days before you first trade in the City of Parramatta local government area.


  1. Lodge the completed form
  • Email:
  • In Person: Phive Library – Customer Service at PHIVE Building – 5 Parramatta Sq Parramatta, Monday to Thursday, 9am – 8pm and Friday to Sunday, 9am – 5pm

After you submit

When you have completed and submitted the temporary food stall application, you will receive a confirmation email with your individual temporary food premises licence number, or TF Number, for example TF/##/2023. Your licence number is now permanent.

You must keep a record of the confirmation email with your number when you are trading at any event or market within the City of Parramatta local government area. Event organisers will request your licence number to help them register their event with City of Parramatta Council.

Food Safety Requirements

(Back to top)

If you are selling high-risk food types or potentially hazardous food, your temporary food premises requires a food safety supervisor. If you don’t have a supervisor already, you must obtain a food safety supervisor certificate through an approved and registered training organisation.

Charity organisations do not require a food safety supervisor.

If you live in the City of Parramatta local government area you cannot prepare food at home unless you have Development Consent to carry out food manufacturing in your residential property. This can be done with a complying development certificate or consent from a development application. The kitchen in your residential property must comply with all requirements of Australian Standard AS4674. If you wish to prepare food before the event you must rent or use a commercial kitchen that has recently had a satisfactory health inspection.

Your temporary food stall application must provide evidence of a current satisfactory food safety inspection for all off-site food preparation and storage associated with your stall. The City of Parramatta, another council or the NSW Food Authority can carry out the inspection for you.

The food safety inspection report must be lodged with your temporary food stall application.

Your food stall must practise safe food handling, comply with our fact sheet on temporary food stall operation requirements, the Food Act 2003 and the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code.

Upcoming events