The Community Events grants aim to establish and encourage public events in the City of Parramatta which:
- Are free to the public (or have a low entry price)
- Welcome a diverse audience
- Are unique events that complement the existing events calendar
- Encourage visitors to Parramatta
- Are celebrations of culture, sport, arts, specialist interests, community activities, family events or other themes.
Grant Information Sessions
In the lead to our Annual Community Grants Round, the City of Parramatta Council will deliver short information sessions for community groups and individuals that are interested in applying. Please click on one of the links below to register:
Category Objectives(Back to top)
- The grant program has a strong focus on delivering social, community, recreational and cultural benefits to Parramatta’s community.
- The City of Parramatta supports a range of events presented across the LGA (local government area), including locations in Parramatta’s CBD, neighbourhoods and suburbs.
- Events must align with the City of Parramatta 'Vision and Primary Priorities', must be delivered wholly or primarily in the Parramatta local government area and be of benefit to Parramatta LGA residents and welcoming of visitors.
- The program supports events produced by eligible not-for-profit organisations, community groups, professional associations, and in some cases individuals who are auspiced by an organisation.
Program timelines(Back to top)
This program is open once a year. For our 2024 round, all projects must start after January 1, 2024. Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Complete their projects within 12 months of funding
- Submit a progress report within 6 months of commencement of project
- Submit a final acquittal report due date 30th January 2025 (following year)
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
How to apply(Back to top)
All applications for funding grants are completed online through SmartyGrants.
You only need to register once. If you previously applied via SmartyGrants you can use your existing password and login.
Contact us(Back to top)
To find out more about funding opportunities, workshops, leadership development, forums, training and more in the Parramatta and Greater Western Sydney area, subscribe to Parramatta e-news.
If you need any further information, please feel free to contact our Community Grants Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please call 9806 5110 or 0455 876 255.