Our Home Library Service is free for residents of the City of Parramatta who are homebound and unable to visit the library.
Our service provides a range of library material such as large print books, DVDs, talking books, music CDs and magazines to meet our members’ needs.
Eligibility(Back to top)
This service is available to people who are:
- Unable to visit the library due to poor health or disability
- Frail aged
- Resident in a care facility
- Full time carers
- Residents who require temporary service after serious illness or injury
This service also delivers to local nursing homes, retirement villages and aged care facilities.
Please note: Residents/carers require a doctor’s certificate stating causes or reasons why they cannot access their library due to medical conditions or illness.
How to apply(Back to top)
To join, there are 2 options
- Complete the Online Registration Form and our Home Library Service Officer will contact you, as there are certain criteria required to meet the eligibility.
- Alternatively, please contact 9806 5150 to enquire further. Please leave a message if you are unable to talk to Home Library Service officer and our staff will return the call.
What happens after you apply for membership?
We will develop a personal profile to help with selection of materials based on what you like to read, watch, and listen to and library staff will select your items and package them up ready to be delivered to your home.
Your library items will be delivered and exchanged on a regular basis, either fortnightly or monthly.
How it works(Back to top)
Watch to see how our Home Library Service officer helps our members stay connected to their library.
'Services for Our Community' booklet for seniors(Back to top)
Welcome to our special City of Parramatta Libraries 'Services for Our Community' booklet for seniors, NDIS recipients and those who need some extra support at home, featuring the Home Library service.
Contact us(Back to top)
Call us on 9806 5150
National Relay Service
If you are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service. Choose your access option and ask the relay officer for 02 9806 5150.
Telephone Interpreter Service
For translation and interpreter services, please call 13 14 50 and ask the interpreter to phone the City of Parramatta on 1300 617 058 or 02 9806 5050.