Domestic and Family Violence
Victims, Witnesses and Survivors of domestic and family violence:
- Police assistance line: 131 444
- Domestic Violence Line: 1800 65 64 63 or 1800 671 442 TTY (for people who are Hearing Impaired)
- Men’s Referral Service: 1300 766 491
- Child Protection Helpline: 132 111
- NSW Elder Abuse Helpline: 1800 628 221
- RSPCA – Safe Beds for Pets: (02) 9782 4408 (Temporary safe housing for pets of people who are escaping domestic violence)
Domestic and family violence are serious crimes and can result in death and serious injury. If you witness someone being assaulted, threatened or believe this is likely to happen without putting yourself in danger, call the Police and report it.
- talk to the person, ask if they are alright, let them know you are worried, reassure and redirect them to the services here
- Before you talk to a person consider speaking to a professional service or organisation about how best to support someone
The City of Parramatta is currently working on content outlining our initiatives to prevent domestic and family violence.