Bushcare volunteer workdays follow a strict COVID safety plan. All volunteers must be fully vaccinated in order to attend a workday, and proof of vaccination will be required prior to attending.
For all Duke of Edinburgh (or similar) enquiries, please contact Councils Bushcare Team before attending a workday at firstname.lastname@example.org
All children under the age of 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian in attendance at every workday
Bushcare Volunteer Video
Helping our local bushland
Bushcare is a volunteer-based, environmental conservation program coordinated and supported by the City of Parramatta. Join a local bushcare group to care for a nearby bushland reserve.
Groups meet once a month to assist with:
- Weed removal
- Habitat restoration
- Tree planting
- Watering plants
- Habitat monitoring
- Weed mapping
- Community education
- Plant propagation
- Training / workshops
- Restoration projects
Download the latest Bushcare Volunteer Charter and Bushcare Volunteer Calendar for more information.
Bushland threats(Back to top)
Our bushland needs your help to ensure it survives for future generations from these ongoing threats:
- Dumping of garden waste and rubbish
- Non-native weeds and feral animals
- Chemicals in stormwater run-off
- Unauthorised removal of wood, bush rock and plants
- Vandalism and illegal tree removal
Benefits of bushcare(Back to top)
Become a part of something bigger than yourself. Involvement with bushcare not only allows you to give back to the environment, but also supports you to:
- Learn about your local, natural environment and receive expert guidance
- Meet new, like-minded people
- Learn new skills, and learn how to use new equipment and tools
- Protect and care for the environment with restoration training
- Help educate the community
- Get outdoors and stay active
- Continue environmental education with Bushcare meetings and flora and fauna workshops.
Subscribe to our e-newsletter(Back to top)
To hear more about what the Bushcare Volunteer team are up to subscribe to our e-newsletter.
More information(Back to top)
For more information, contact City of Parramatta's Natural Resource Team on:
Phone: (02) 9806 8280
New volunteers should contact City of Parramatta's Natural Resource Team before volunteering on the first day.
*Contact a Bushcare Officer above to confirm work days due to inclement weather.