Parra-Pets-Matta Desexing Program
City of Parramatta Council offers a heavily subsidized desexing program for cats and dogs living in the City of Parramatta Local Government Area.*
The cost of desexing a pet can be expensive, but desexing our pets is important. That’s why Council has teamed up with selected local vets to offer low cost desexing during the months of June and July 2019.
Why desex pets?
- Desexed pets live longer healthier lives, are less prone to wander, fight, or be anti-social, and have a reduced risk of certain cancers.
- Desexing your pet helps to reduce pet overpopulation and reduces the amount of pets that are euthanised due to lack of suitable homes.
- Undesexed domestic cats who are allowed to roam add to stray cat population which can have a negative impact on wildlife.
- Cats can become pregnant at just 4 months old, and dogs can become pregnant at 5 months, so early desexing is important.
- One undesexed female cat can produce 420,000 kittens over 7 years!**
- Life-time registration fees are heavily subsidised for desexed animals.
Don’t delay, as funds are limited. Now is the time to take up this great offer and have your pet desexed.
- Cats - $30
- Dogs under 25kgs - $100
- Dogs over 25kgs - $150.
*Program not available for breeders, rescue groups, or trap neuter release (TNR) programs.
** Based on four to six litters per year with their offspring breeding for 7 years.