Parra-Pets-Matta Desexing Program
Don't let them breed behind your back, desex meow!
Do your bit.
Because litters can happen sooner than you think.
Did you know Council offers a heavily subsidized desexing program for both cats and dogs living in the City of Parramatta Local Government Area*
The cost of desexing a pet can be expensive, but desexing our pets is important that’s why Council has teamed up with selected local vets to offer low cost desexing during the months of June and July 2020.
For further information regarding discounted desexing, please visit the National Desexing Network website.
Why desex pets?
- Desexed pets live longer healthier lives, are less prone to wander, fight, or be anti-social, and have a reduced risk of certain cancers.
- Desexing your pet helps to reduce pet overpopulation and reduces the amount of pets that are euthanised due to lack of suitable homes.
- Undesexed domestic cats who are allowed to roam add to stray cat population which can have a negative impact on wildlife.
- Cats can become pregnant at just 4 months old, and dogs can become pregnant at 5 months, so early desexing is important.
- One undesexed female cat can produce 420,000 kittens over 7 years!**
- Life-time registration fees are heavily subsidised for desexed animals.
Don’t delay funds are limited so now is the time to take up this great offer and have your pet desexed.
Cats can be desexed for $30, dogs under 25kgs for $100 and dogs over 25kgs $150.
*program not available for breeders, rescue groups, or trap neuter release (TNR) programs
** based on 4 to 6 litters per year and their offspring breeds for 7 years.